Gravity Falls Shorts: The Tooth

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

We arrive at the lake and I turn on the camera so Dipper can do the intro. "Welcome to Dipper and (y/n)'s guide to the unexplained. Anomaly number 42: The Tooth," I turn to the side and let the camera look at the giant sized humanoid looking tooth in the sand that Mabel was poking with a stick. "I'm here for scale." "I found it yesterday when I was uh...Practicing..." He trails off so I take the lead and walk up to the tooth explaining what we've analyzed so far.

"It's strangely human but it's gigantic. It's bigger than any fish or lake monster we've ever seen." "And we're gonna find out where it came from," Dipper exclaims leading us to the boat shack where we talk to the owner. "Tooth? No, I don't know nothin' about a tooth," He had responded after we asked him about the tooth.

"We were thinking of paddling out on that lake tonight," Dipper admits and we're given some advice. "Bit of friendly advice kids: You see bubbles on that lake, run." "What? Why?" I ask and he gives us a growl. "That's enough questions, get that camera outta here!" We traveled back to the lake later that night, where Dipper shines a flashlight in his face so the camera could see him. "We're here at the lake to investigate. We brought Mabel for back up," She gives the camera a wave, stating "And I brought Bear-O. My adorable childhood puppet," She pulls out a creepy torn-up bear puppet and started voicing him.

"Ain't that right honey?" "Did somebody say, honey?" "No. Bear-O's creepy. Everyone hates Bear-O," Dipper says, angst dripping from his voice as he started the process of getting the boat in the water. "But Dipper who could hate Bear-O?" Mabel asked through Bear-O. "I can think of a few people," He responds and I shudder at the clip had watched of her show, I had to delete something to record this and that was it.

"Aw come on! You'll see, Me, you, (y/n) and Bear-O are the adventure team of a lifetime!" "I vote Bear-O stays behind," I quickly say and Dipper's quick to jump on that too. "I second that vote!" We thankfully left him behind. "Okay, something left that tooth and we're gonna find out what it is," Dipper exclaims as we row onto the lake when Mabel shoves cardboard into the camera that read: Do you want more Bear-O?! Let your voice be heard!" "No, no! Come on!" (Me with my Eeyore plush who's run out of batteries and his voice glitches. But nobody can blame me for that. If you're happy and you know it flops your ears!)

Once far enough on the lake, we come to a stop and look around. "What are we supposed to be looking for?" I ask, shining my flashlight over the misty lake. "I dunno, just look for bubbles in the water." "Dipper, (y/n) look!" Mabel exclaims, shining her light on a certain point in the water. Pointing the camera at it we see the bubbles. "It's over by those islands, we have to see what happens-"

The water starts to shake and I ask "What's that? What's happening?!" "It doesn't matter! Row! Row! ROW!" Mabel shouts and we start rowing away when I let out a shriek when the island rises from the water to reveal a face as the island start to float over us shouting distorted words. "It's getting closer! Keeping rowing!" The camera starts to glitch out.

I open my eyes to see the grey sky and I groan as I slowly sit up soon hissing as my arm starts to burn. I look to see I had gotten sand in a cut before seeing that I was on the beach...But how did we get back? I look around to see Dipper and Mabel also slowly getting up, checking their cuts and bruises. "Are you two ok?" I ask as I approach them. "I think so," Mabel tells me when Dipper starts walking around the beach. "What are you looking for?" "The camera- Oh there it is," I grabs the camera and explains what happened.

"Okay, after it had attacked us that giant head thing just sunk back into the lake and lost another one of its teeth trying to sink our boat. "The important thing is we survived...Barley so that concludes this anomaly," I say when Mabel sighs. "Yeah...Did somebody say bearrrrrly?" She pulls up Bear-O and we scream.