Blendin's Game: Part 4

Mabel's p.o.v.

We head to Soos's grandma's house and we see a neat little party set up outside, other teens running around with squirt guns as Abuleta brings a race car cake out. "Man, I don't know why Soos hates his birthday, this looks great," Dipper mutters as we watch him lick the icing off the race car when someone sits at the chair with a red balloon tied to it. "Uh sorry, dude but could you move seats? That's the seat of honor." "Who's it for?" "It's for my Dad actually, I haven't seen him in like eight years. But he's coming today."

We hear the doorbell and ring and Soos rushes inside to answer it and we follow him, peeking through an open window as Soos mutters to himself "Alright Soos, today's the big day. Be cool, be cool," He opens the door to be met with a mailman. "Postcard for...Soos!" He takes the postcard reading out loud "Sorry Champ, Couldn't make it this year. Real busy again. See you next year for sure! Dad..." Reggie walks up and tells him reassuringly "Hey, don't sweat it cuz, you'll see him next year." "Heh. Yeah...Next year..." He glumly says, pulling out a worn-out shoebox that must have been filled with postcards with the same message before he sadly enters his room with the box.

"I'm gonna go lay down, you just party without me dudes." "Wait! What about your presents!" His grandma calls out, it didn't work and we exchange looks. "So that's why Soos hates his birthday. It's the day he realized his dad wasn't coming back..." "So how much partying can fix that?"  I ask, (y/n) telling me "Not enough," Water is suddenly sprayed in our faces as a younger version of Robbie runs p with a water gun. "Dorks!"

We continue to watch as Abuleta tries to cheer him but was unsuccessful causing Dipper to ask "We promised Soos a happy birthday but how can we give him that now? This goes beyond anything we know how to fix." "This way!" We suddenly hear and we quickly hide behind one of the trees as Blendin and the guards round the corner. "They've gotta be around here somewhere. I think I heard them!" They shoot at a tree Robbie was hiding behind before he takes off screaming. "Trace their cronosignatures." "Man, the sooner I defeat those kids in Globnar the sooner I can win my time wish." "Tell you what I'd do if I had a time wish: Retire early, spend more time with the kids," The one guard said as he smiled, thinking of his family.

Dipper's p.o.v.

"NEH, NEH, NEH WITH THE KIDS! Don't you know a time wish can literally do anything?! Any impossible problem solved just like that! I mean imagine the possibilities!" We overhear and my jaw drops, it can do anything? I turn to the girls. "Girls, wait that's it. The time wish. We defeat Blendin in that space battle..." "Then e can wish that Soos's dad came to his 17th birthday," (y/n) continues my thought before Mabel finishes it "And Soos's birthday would be fixed forever, all of them! But do you really think we can win Globnar?" "It's the only chance we have. Besides it's for Soos, he'd do the same for us," I argue and (y/n) nods stating "And he does deserve to enjoy his birthday," At that we glance at Soos who pushed the plate of dino cookies away before we nodded in agreement, we're doing it.