Into The Bunker: Part 1

Dipper's p.o.v.

I was hanging out a Wendy's for movie night, we were watching a really bad movie called Nearly Almost Dead But Not Quite! "Man these movies are a lot less scary when you've foughten real zombies," I comment, tossing more popcorn in my mouth as Wendy yelled at the tv. "They're slow! Just power walk away from them!"

"How much you wanna bet that guy dies first?" I ask when the character I was talking about gets his face eaten. "Ah! My face is being eaten a lot!" The guy screams and we both burst out laughing "Chadly ain't pretty no more," Wendy's phone buzzes and she checks it soon letting out a scoff. "Ugh, another text from Robbie." "Oh yeah...Robbie...How's uh how's all that goin'?" I nervously ask before shoving more popcorn in my mouth. "Ugh, I'm over him, I just wish he was over me. Just look at these texts. Winky frown? What does that even mean?"

I shrug after seeing the text again nervously asking "And you're not seeing any other guys or...?" "Of course I am, meet my new boyfriend dude," She pulls a stuffie close to her and I laugh. "Right, right. So...So you know I was wondering if maybe you wanted to uh...Maybe if you and me or whatever..." I try to ask her but start jumbling my words before I force it to come out. "If maybe you...Wanted to join, me, (y/n), and Mabel on this mystery hunt tomorrow? Conspiracy stuff and all that, that's all."

"Yeah, dude, I love doing junk with friends," Her attention turns back to the movie and I look down at a piece of paper muttering "Cuz that's what we are, and that's all we'll ever be..." My note started off with Dear but where the name was you could see the erased and re-written names (y/n) and Wendy making it hard to determine who the note was for. The actual letter wasn't much better, two attempts of what I was trying to say was crossed out from I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ to I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶. I had eventually gone with: Today's the day I've got to tell you I like you. Is that crazy?

I crumble up the paper and stick it in my vest, lying down on Wendy's bed. Why was this so hard? I know who I like but would it be fair for me to ask (y/n) for a relationship that's more than friends? Do I even have a chance with her? Or would it be easier to tell Wendy? I've been struggling to figure out who to tell how I feel since I've been dying to say something but it feels like I can't tell either of them. Why does love have to be so complicated? "Dude, you're laying on my bra." I quickly sit up with a shriek.

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

I supervise the workers who were fixing the Mystery Shack after yesterday's party. "Hey easy with that! It's genuine plastic! And repave the cracks in the parking lot while you're at it. I don't want my car falling into China." "Mr. Pines, what exactly caused all this damage? I need to write a report," One of the construction guys asked and I slightly frown as a lie flies off of my tongue. "Uh...Big woodpecker. Keep the change," I stuff a bunch of money in his pocket stating "I'm winking under my eyepatch," The guy walks away. Phew. "Now where'd those kids run off to?" I ask looking around.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

We stood at the tree suspected of leading to the secret hideout described in the journal and Dipper taps the lantern we brought with his pen to grab, Mabel, Soos, and I's attention. "Thank you all for coming." "Hey, when there's a mystery, you can count on your sister...Ey," Mabel says and Soos laughs. "Haha, that's an amazing rhyme. When you want some good...When you need a Soos you...Uh ugh, I  gosh I dunno."

Dipper decides to get us back on track. "We're here to solve the number one mystery in Gravity Falls. Who wrote this journal?" He holds out the journal. "Five years ago the authors vanished without a trace nut according to this new clue we may have found their secret hiding place. We find the authors, we learn the answers to everything. We just need to find a way to get down there."

"Chop it down, dude!" We hear Wendy call out as she rides up and I feel my heart drop as Dipper addressed her. "Oh hey! You came!" "Dude, I'm so stoked about this. I've been wanting to go adventuring with you guys. Sure beats picking up after my Dad at home, thanks for the invite man." "Of course!" Of course, Dipper invited her why wouldn't he? I frown I had hoped to talk to Dipper alone and tell him how I feel while we were exploring but now that Wendy is here...

Mabel's p.o.v.

I watch my brother stumble with his words and I poke him with a look "Uh oh, you inviting Wendy on a mission? Don't tell me romance is afoot." "What? No! Look, Mabel, I've thought this through and I'm over Wendy and (y/n). I've looked at it from every angle and it was going nowhere with Wendy, and asking (y/n) for a relationship isn't fair when she's still trying to figure out her past. I know what's important to me now and it's helping (y/n) learn her past while finding the authors of this journal."

I'm relieved to hear he no longer has feelings for Wendy but after all, I've witnessed including him putting (y/n)'s needs and wants before his own make me suspicious about him being over her and I make that known. "You're over (y/n)? Allow me to put on my skepticals," I put on my skepticals and he gives me a look. "I've moved on Mabel, you should too," He walks off and I mutter "Slepticals."

"Hey, is it just me or does that branch kinda look like a lever?" Wendy suddenly asked and we looked at a branch that looked like it was made of metal that had been painted to look like a branch, but the paint had faded. "Yeah, but how do we get up there?' (y/n) asks and my brother starts rambling ideas about ladder shoes. Meanwhile, I watch as Wendy uses her belt to help climb the tree and use her ax in her pocket to hit the lever. "Boosh!" "Woah!" "Oh yeah, my Dad used to make me compete in these lumberjack games when I was a kid, guess I kinda ruled at it."

She explains when the tree started to shake, Wendy falls and lands on a bush that Soos quickly drags her off of when the tree starts to sink in the ground, taking the bush with it. A stairwell sticks out as a portion of the tree opens like a doorway at the bottom. "Alright guys, this is it. Remember, whatever happens, down there, we tell no one," I give a thumbs up, Soos turns his hat, and (y/n) and Wendy zips their lips, lock it, and throws away the key. "Now who wants to go first?"