Blendin's Game: Part 3

Dipper's p.o.v.

We run to the other end of the small room as the guard asks Mabel "Gam-Gam how could you?" "I ain't no one's Gam-Gam sucker! You just got time tricked!" She shouts as we wrap arms around each other, the time machine going off and we land on a mattress. "Are we back?" Mabel asks when (y/n) points at a sign stating "Oh no...Look! We went too far back." "Time travel man! Why you gotta be so complicated?!" My sister asks when there's a flash and we quickly roll under the mattress as Blendin and those soldiers appeared.

"Looks like they overshot their destination by five years." "I don't see them. You better find those kids!" "You'll get your justice Blendin." "I'm gonna keep stammering until you find them," Blendin says before he starts stammering uncontrollably. (Morty?) They leave the store, the guards grumbling about hating Blendin.

"Ok, we just gotta go forward five years and we can be back before Soos even realizes we're gone," I say, pulling out the time machine only to find it busted. "Oh no! The time-ey thing, it's busted. Can you fix it?" Mabel asks worriedly as I look over the damage. "Maybe. We'll need some tools and I think I know where to get some," I say noticing a sign for the Mystery Shack and we head out. "Let's try to lay low, we don't want to change the future or cause the future, I forget how this works exactly," I warn the girls as we start to walk to the shack. "Wow, four years in the past. Everything is same-ey but also different-ey," Mabel exclaims when we pass by a dance studio where we could see Toby Determined dancing through the glass which was also very thin because we could hear him go "Look out Broadway here I come."

Mabel bangs on the glass shouting "This dream goes nowhere Toby!" We round the corner and come to a stop when a young version of Tambry and Wendy roll up on their bikes. "Oops sorry," Wendy whispers something and Tambry looks straight at me. "My friend thinks you're cute." "Oh my god, Tambry! Shut up!" She shouts, pushing Tambry off her bike and my cheeks flush pink. "Uh thank you and you're super young so this is weird." "Haha, now you know how she feels."

(y/n) says, lightly shoving me and I nervously chuckle as that realization dawns on me. Wow..." "Yeah, besides you have a girlfriend now," (y/n) once again says, grabbing my hand so I would start walking.  "Yeah, no regrets," We finally reach the Mystery Shack to see Grunkle Stan giving a tour and we race inside through the window and look around soon freezing to see (y/n) from four years ago re-stocking shelves, and I can't help but frown to see her in that state again, catching a quick glimpse of her blank face as she went into the back of the shack, how long would she have stayed that way if Mabel and I hadn't come for the Summer?

Mabel's p.o.v.

I see Dipper staring at the (y/n) from four years ago with a frown, our (y/n) was keeping a lookout for Blendin out the window so I grab a screwdriver and hand it to him, getting his attention. "Thanks. Now let's see," He gets to work and I look around when I see a teen with a birthday party hat on struggling with the vending machine so I go over to help, using the trick Soos taught us earlier. "Allow me, you just need to know a guy on the inside," I pat the machine before hitting it with my elbow and it pops open. Grabbing the candy he wanted, I close the machine and hand it to him shouting "Jackpot!"

That's when I see the teen's face, it was Soos. "Thanks, dawg, you must be some kind of genius," He tells me as I stare at him in shock. I run back to Dipper and (y/n) shouting "Guys! Guys! Look!" They turn to see Soos looking at the shirt we often see him wearing when his Grandma comes to collect him. "Big day? This could be the birthday where Soos's personal biz went down! we could finally find out why Soos hates his birthday!"