Summerween: Part 1

Author: Happy early Summerween! XD

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Grunkle Stan swerves into the handicapped parking spot and we all get out as Grunkle Stan gestured toward the store in front of us. "Here we are: The Summerween Superstore!" "Wait...Summer what?" Dipper asks, scratching the top of his head and I explain. "Summerween. The people of this town love Halloween so much they celebrate it twice a year." "And wouldn't you know it, it's today," Grunkle Stan chimes in tapping his finger on the calendar he pulled out as Dipper asked him:

"Do you always carry that calendar in your pocket?" "Yes." "Summerween? Something about this feels unnatural..." Mabel trails off as she tapped her chin, I give her a smirk as I crossed my arms asking "We've faced gnomes, a mechanical lake monster, living wax figures, ghosts, manitours, magical items, and time travel, and you think this is unnatural?" "There's free candy," Soos whispers to them and they gave each other a smile before both of them grab one of my hands and drags me into the store shouting "To the costume aisle!" On the way we pass by Soos who was messing around with the talking skeleton heads in a bowl, annoying the employee every time he tapped the head.

 Once I led the twins to the costume aisle I go check on Grunkle Stan as he started picking up canisters of fake blood, telling me "Haha, when the children come to my door tonight, they're gonna run away screaming from Stan Pines: Master of Fright!"

Grunkle Stan always had a goal every year to scare away any kids that come trick-or-treating at the Mystery Shack, so far he had been undefeated and always scared everyone away, he took pride in that and he was known as the Master of Fright. Turning around he spooked a baby and I start counting down to three from my fingers as I watched the madness begin.

Soos started pressing more skulls Dipper came running around the corner with his sister in a wheelbarrow wearing a mask as they crashed in the jack-o-melons while Grunkle Stan picked up another container and fake blood started spilling everywhere. "Three...Two...One..." "Have the police come and eject the Pines family from the store!" We hear on the announcer, right on cue. "Not today!" Grunkle Stan and I shout as we throw a tear gas bomb in her face and we make off with our items. 

"You paid for this stuff right?" Mabel asks and he nods saying "Of course!" "Surprisingly they accept Stan Bucks," I say jokingly as we rush into the car and drive off. While Grunkle Stan was setting p his stuff the rest of us were chilling in the living room. "I am so excited!" Mabel exclaims as Dipper nods stating "We're gonna have the best costumes, get the most candy!"

"And have the biggest stomach aches ever!" His sister chimes in and the two cheer with a high-five. "Dude, I've never seen you guys so pumped," Soos comments, and I nod. "Well back at home Dipper and I were kinda the kings of trick-or-treating."

She pulls out a Halloween scrapbook and shows photos going all the way back to 3 years old as I saw them dress up as cats, salt and pepper, and zombies. I smile at the photos, they were adorable. "Twins in costumes, the people eat it up." "Then I'm glad I'll be trick-or-treating with you two this year," I tell them when Soos speaks up. "Well you dudes better be careful out there, it's a night of ghouls and goblins not to mention..."

Dipper's p.o.v.

Soos switches off the lights and turns on a flashlight telling us "The Summerween Trickster." "The Summerwhat- what what?" "The Summerween Trickster a local legend," (y/n) slightly explained before Soos told us "The Trickster goes door to door to door so the legend goes, eating children who lack the Summerween spirit."

 "Well, you don't have to worry about us, we've got spirit to go around," I say, tossing some candy in my mouth before coughing it up and grimacing at the candy in the bowl. "Ew, what is this stuff? I've never even heard of these brands. Sand Pops? Gummy Chairs? Mr. Adequate-Bar?" I question as my sister says "This is all cheap ol' loser candy!" "What do you expect? Grunkle Stan bought this candy," (y/n) says with a shrug before Soos grabs a lip gummy stating "Quiet your discontent children! Less the Trickster overhear!" Soos once again warns and I give him a blank look stating "Your cape is caught in your fly Soos."

"To shay," I take the bowl of candy and head into the kitchen, opening the window and started to throw the loser candy into the trash can outside. "Goodbye loser candy!" The doorbell rings and Grunkle Stan shouts down:

"Trick-or-treaters! Quick! Give them that terrible candy!" I open the door with the bowl of candy "Happy Summerwee- AH!" I drop the bowl as I see Robbie and Wendy standing in front of me. "Sup squirt?" "Hey Dipper." "Wendy! W-what's up guys?" I ask, backing up to let them in as Wendy grabs her jacket stating "Ugh, I left my jacket here again." "Hey what's with the candy? You going trick-or-treating or something?" Robbie asked, pointing at the bowl of candy. "Well, actually I uh..." I trail off when Wendy says "Shut up Robbie of course he's not going trick-or-treating." "No yeah! Haha, trick-or-treating is for babies I guess..." I agree, trailing off again in nervousness.

"You should come to this party with us. Tambry's parents are outta town and it's gonna be off the chain!" Wendy exclaims as Robbie hands me an orange flyer stating "Not surprising you didn't hear about it," I look at the flyer, the party was at 9. The two start to leave. "Hey, guys wait! Maybe I'll see you at the party!" I call out to them. "If you're not too busy playing dress-up," Robbie remarks, earning an elbow jab. "It's a 9, don't forget!" I wave goodbye to them and I look at the flyer and the scrapbook and sigh, who do I spend the night with? You know what I haven't spent any time with Wendy these past few weeks..."What am I gonna tell the girls?"

Mabel's p.o.v.

I had gotten dressed up as a jam jar and there was a knock at the door. I open it to reveal my two new besties Candy and Grenda dressed up as candy and a witch. Grunkle Stan walks up dressed as a vampire. "Grunkle Stan these are my best friends: Candy and Grenda." "I am so sweet I could eat myself." "Hello, Mr. Pines!" The two introduce themselves.

"You got a cold honey? Somethin' wrong with your voice there?" "What do you mean? Why would you say that?" He runs off as Candy asks "Is Waddles coming with us?" "I wish he could but he's got some very important meetings to attend," Waddles walks in wearing the suit front making him look like a businessman and I pick him IP, soon joking "File these documents under I for I have a curly tail," We all start to laugh when Grenda asks "What about (y/n)?" "Right here!" We hear her call shyly, (y/n) had only met Candy and Grenda at the party and wasn't well acquainted with them yet so it's understandable why she's acting shy.