The Hand That Rocks Mabel: Part 3

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"Oh yeah! It's like a big deal, everybody's talking about Gideon and Mabel's big date tonight," Wendy explains to Grunkle Stan showing an article on her phone. "WHAT?! That little shyster is dating my great-niece?!" He asks, crumpling the paper in his hands, geez I haven't seen Stan this mad in a long time. "I wonder what the new name will be for the power couple. Mabideon? Gideabel? Oh! Makeitbellion!" Soos says only angering Grunkle Stan more as he ripped the newspaper to shreds.

"I didn't know! I didn't hear about it! Plus I told her not to!" Dipper shouts as Grunkle Stan storms out of the room to get dressed and I facepalmed, not helping your case there Dipper. "Yeah well it ends tonight, I'm going right down to that little skunk's house and this is gonna stop right now!" Grunkle Stan shouted as he stormed out of the Mystery Shack, slamming the door on the way out.

 "Dude, wouldn't it be funny if that was a closet and he had to come back out and walk out the real door?" Soos asks and we three give him a blank stare as we watch him walk over to the door and open it to check and make sure it wasn't actually a closet. "Nope, real door."

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

I drive to Gideon's house and march up to the door, pounding my fist on it shouting "Gideon you little punk, open up!!!" I go to start pounding on the door again when I take notice of the Pardon This Garden sign. "I will pardon nothing!" I slap the sign off the door when it opens up and Bud Gleeful's glaring face is shoved into mine. 

It turns into a smile. " Why Stanford Pines! What a delight!" He exclaims excitedly before I shove him out of the way and storm into the house. "Outta' the way Bud, I'm lookin' for Gideon." "Well, I haven't seen the boy around but since you're here you simply must come in for coffee," Bud tells me, shutting the door before I could leave. "But I- I came-" "It's imported, all the way from Columbia." "Wow, I went to jail there once," I say when I started to look around and whistle. "Some digs you got here."

That's when I see it...The most beautiful sad clown painting I've ever seen; it was hanging on the wall above the couch as I remark "Oh this. This is beautiful." "Now I hear your niece and my Gideon are- well they're singing in harmony lately so to speak."

 Bud says as he walked in holding to mugs of coffee while I got comfortable on the couch. Oh right. "Uh yeah...And I'm against it!" I exclaim slapping a pillow off the couch. "No, no, no! I see it as a fantastic business opportunity, yes, yes. The Mystery Shack and the Tent of Telepathy!" He lifts me from the couch and takes me for a walk around the house.

"We've been at each other's throats for far too long- let me get that," We pass a dartboard with a picture of my face on it, darts strewed all over it and he rips it down. "Now we been at each other's throats for far too long yes we have! This is our big chance to brush aside our rivalry and pool in our collective profits you see," He explains and I hear a Ka-Ching sound ring out before I close the cash register next to me. "I'm listening."

Mabel's p.o.v.

We finished eating dinner and Gideon wiped his mouth before he finished his story. "And so I said take your own headshot lady," He starts laughing at his own story while I continued to poke at my lobster, they had served it alive, more exotic that way Gideon had said. "Heheh, yeah..." "Mabel tonight's date was a complete success and tomorrow's date promises to top this one in every way," He tells me.

 Woah, woah, woah, what? "Woah, woah, you said just one date and this was it," I point out, he only gives me a smile, what's he planning? "Oh, what a surprise a red crimsoned rainbow macaw," Gideon outstretches his arm, and the large bird flies down, scaring me.

"Two, three, four," He counts down when the bird starts to speak. "Mabel! Will...You...Accompany...Gideon...To...The...Ballroom...Dance...This...Thursday?" It coughs out a pink envelope covered in hearts. That's when everyone started to murmur about me being Gideon's girlfriend as everyone crowded around us to hear my response. "They're expecting us, please say you'll go."

 He tries to hand me the letter. No, please no! "Gideon I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to say-" "I'm on the edge of my seat." "This is gonna be adorable!" "If she says no I'll die from sadness." "I can verify that will indeed happen," I hear the crowd murmuring as all eyes landed on me awaiting my answer. I...I can't say no now.

Dipper's p.o.v.

Once again (y/n) and I was sitting at the table flipping through the journal, theorizing all about it. Well sort of, I was reading the journal while (y/n) searched around the room for any more scrap paper we could write our theories and findings on when Mabel walks in and I watch her put a lobster in the fish tank. "Hey, how'd it go?" I ask, both of us looking at my sister.