Boss Mabel: Part 1

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Business was slow today, so Grunkle Stan, the twins, and I watched the latest Cash Wheel episode. "Ladies and gentlemen welcome back to Cash Wheel! Sponsored by Chipackerz the chip-flavored crackers!" "But they taste just like chips!" Mabel comments, eating another chipackerz. We watch one of the contestants spin the wheel and land on cash shower; money started raining over the guy before he shoved the other two contestants away from his money. "Congratulations! You are taking a CASH SHOWER!" 

"I like that guy's style," Grunkle Stan comments when Soos runs in. "Mr. Pines! We got tourists at nine o'clock! A whole busload of them!" We all rush into the gift shop to see the bus approaching. "Hot tamale it's a jackpot! Soos! Make some new attractions! Wendy mark up those prices! The higher the better! Higher! Bleed 'em dry!" "Yeesh Grunkle Stan, it's like you look at tourists all you see are wallets with legs."

 Dipper says as he stationed himself at the counter. "That's not true!" Grunkle Stan says, shrugging off the comment. I roll my eyes at him knowing it was true as I watch him watch the tourists before rubbing his eyes and calling out to Dipper "Clean up on the front lawn!" Dipper sighs as I hand him the cleaning tools and his sister takes his place at the register while I got people to line up for Grunkle Stan's amazing tour.

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

"Ladies and gentletourists! Looking around my Mystery Shack, you'll see many wonderous roadside attractions. Be amazed at the only known photo of a horse riding another horse!" I gesture to the photo with two signs pointing at it. The crowd is always eating it all up. I then walk over to a red curtain.

"Be astounded by the pre-teen wolf boy!" I lift the curtain to reveal Dipper wearing fur pants, a tail, no shirt, fangs, and wolf ears as he nervously rubbed his arm. "Oh look at him! All that hair! His body is changing ah!" He takes out the fangs. "Grunkle Stan this is demeaning." "What?! I dunno de-meaning of that word!" I joke, making the crowd laugh before stating "If you throw money at him he dances."

 People throw their money and Dipper starts to dance when right on cue (y/n) runs up in her merch costume, we had created a suit that would hold as sorts of merchandise and her job was to run through and get people to buy the merch. "Hello, would anyone like to buy a snowglobe or a bobblehead?" She asked before disappearing into the crowd as I heard her giving higher prices for each merch before coming out of the crowd panting, wearing/ holding all that could and would become extremely heavy.

Mabel's p.o.v.

I was stationed at the counter while people searched the store. "Behold Mystery Shack bumper stickers! You can stick 'em on your bumper or over your husband's mouth, am I, right ladies?! She knows what I'm talkin' about!" 

I point at the lady in front of me and she laughs. "You are bad! How much?" She asks digging through her purse and I hand her the sticker stating with a wink "Hey it's on the house, that's the Mabel difference. Thanks for visiting!" She leaves and I hear Grunkle Stan ask in shock "WHAT?!"

I turn to look at the Grunkle Stan cardboard cut out holding a sign that read spend as he walks in front of it with a frown. "What the heck do you think you're doing?!" He asks and I answer with "Business!" I start tapping at the cash register and he turns me around to face him. "Listen, kid, you don't make money by giving stuff away, you're off of register duty!" I give him a frown, I liked register duty. "But-but-" "No buts except yours out the door. Now shut your yap and get to work," He starts pushing me away but I stop in my tracks and ask "Grunkle Stan whatever happened to please and thank you? Hm? Oh, wait...Here they are!"

 I pull out my bag full of stickers and slap a thank you and a please sticker on Grunkle Stan's face with a "Wap. Wap," Grunkle Stan grimaces as he peels the please sticker off and slaps it on the register. "Please never made me any money kid, in fact saying the word is giving me like a burnin' sensation."

Grunkle Stan tells me as he slapped the thank you sticker on Soos's back. "Grunkle Stan, why do I have to wear t his wolf costume? I think I'm getting hookworm," Dipper complains as he walked up and Grunkle Stan laughs. 

"Yeah gluing dog hair to your body will do that." "Grunkle Stan, can't we get a cart to put all the merch on wearing this costume is extremely heavy, I feel like I'm gonna collapse," (y/n) then says as she walked up. "Eh, it's a body workout, it'll help you get stronger," Grunkle Stan tells her flexing his muscles as Dipper stated "You have all these dumb fake exhibits in the shack meanwhile (y/n) and I have seen actual amazing things in the forest every day! What if you hunted down a real attraction instead of lying to people for a living?" "And you should be nicer to your employees too!" I chime in as Dipper, (y/n), and I high-five. "Yeah!" Grunkle Stan sighs. "Look, you guys got a problem with how I run the shack take it up with the complaints department. Zing!"

He holds up the trash can and laughs while pulling out a paper and a pen and start writing my letter to the complaints department, missing the blank looks my brother and (y/n) were giving me. "I am going to write them such a letter," Later that day we were all told to cover the sign on the roof in glitter. "And don't stop until you've covered that sign in glitter! Glittery signs attract tourists, also large birds!" An eagle flew down and started to attack Soos. Once we got the bird to fly away Dipper asks "Ok, is it just me, or is having Grunkle Stan as a boss is seriously the worst?" "I know right? Why do we even put up with it?"

Wendy chimes in while (y/n) while stating "Yeah he's been really doubling down on the work for a while now." "I tried to give him a suggestion to improve the shack once. I had this idea where I could be like the Mystery Shack mascot: Questiony the question mark. I ask people questions, you know do the question dance." We compliment the idea. "That sounds amazing!" "Oh cool." "Yeah totally." "Sounds awesome," Soos had pulled out a page to show his design before putting it away telling us "Yeah well...Stan said I couldn't handle it..." I feel my blood start to boil ask I asked "He said what?!"

Angrily I wait for Grunkle Stan's tour to end before following him into his office. "You!" I shout, startling him. "Grunkle Stan, you've gone too far this time! Did you seriously tell Soos not to follow his hopes and dreams because he "couldn't handle it"?!" "Look kid, let me break it down for ya, being a boss is about commanding respect. If you give people everything they ask for they'll walk all over you!" I glare at him. "No way! I bet you'd make way more money being nice than being a big grumpy grump to everyone all the time," I challenge him and he laughs. "Ha! You think you know more about business than I do? You think you could wear this hat?" He challenges back to me.