Scary-Oke: Part 5

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

"Gah, I got too much on my mind to worry about those kids right now," I grumble, putting down journal number one before going back to what I was doing.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

We continue to run to the front of the shack to get inside when a zombie comes between our paths. "Take that sucka!" Mabel shouts, swinging the karaoke machine, decapitating the zombie before she comments with a smile. "This is a surprisingly good weapon," We scream when we notice the zombies closing in and we rush inside and Dipper exclaims "Quick we need to board up all the windows!" We start shoving everything in front of the door first, preventing the zombies from getting in.

But before we could start on the windows we hear one shatter and we turn to see Soos. "Hey dudes! By the way, I taught the zombies how to get into the fuse box. Among these dudes I'm like a genius," The lights go out and the zombies start climbing in through the window. "Get those brains dawg," Before we knew it we were surrounded by zombies and I ask "Dipper isn't there anything in the journal that says how to defeat zombies?!" "No! There's nothing in here about weaknesses!" He says, skimming the page about zombies before he starts apologizing to us. 

"This can't be happening, I wanted answers so bad I put everyone in danger. Now we're toast, it's all my fault and no one can save us!" A zombie grabs Dipper's arm and lifts him up to take a bite. "No! Mabel, (y/n) I'm sorry!" "Dipper no!" Mabel shouts and I soon join in. "Dipper please I haven't told you yet! I wanted you to know I-" 

A bat bashes into the zombie's head before being crushed by Grunkle Stan's foot. "You three, attic now!" "G-Grunkle Stan?" Dipper stutters. "I said NOW!" He shouts and we run behind him while he holds back the zombies. "Alright you undead jerks, you ready to die twice?! The only wrinkly monster who harrases my family is me! Take that! And that! Eat it no eyes!" I stop a moment at the top of the stairs to glance back down to see a zombie eat Grunkle Stan's bat. 

I open my mouth to shout at him to run he punches the zombie with his gold knuckle rings shouting "Anyone else want a piece?!" I feel one of the twins pull me back and lead me into the attic. We slam the door when we hear a banging noise coming from the other side, nervously we back up when the door opens to reveal Grunkle Stan. "Oh ow, everything hurts," He coughs out.

"Grunkle Stan that was amazing! Are you alright?" I ask as he puts a chair in front of the door. "Hehe, now at least you can't deny magic exists anymore right?" Dipper laughs out nervously after we got no answer. "Kid I've always known," He drops on us and we give him a confused look. "Wait what? What are you talking about?"

"I'm not an idiot Dipper, of course, this town is weird! And the one thing I know about that weirdness is that it's dangerous!" He explains when zombie's hands start bursting through the door. "I've been lying about it to try and keep you away from it. To try and protect you from it!" A zombie busts through the window and Grunkle Stan punches it out and we watch it fall as he told us "It looks like I didn't lie well enough." "What do we do? What do we do?!" Mabel kept asking and Dipper pulls out the journal, flipping from page to page stating "Normally the journal would help us but there's nothing in there about defeating zombies!"

He turns the journal to show us and our eyes widen at what we see. Dipper had walked in front of a black light and fluorescent text glew on the pages. "Wait, wait, wait! The text! It's glowing! It's glowing in the blacklight!" Mabel points out and we all crowd around Dipper after he puts the journal down, the blacklight shining over it. "What? All this time I thought I knew all the journal's secrets but they're written in some kind of invisible ink," Dipper exclaims while I mutter "Invisible ink?"