Gideon Rises: Part 1

Dipper's p.o.v.

It was a beautiful Summer day in Gravity Falls, everyone going about their everyday activities when a dark shadow covered the town, including the Mystery Shack when suddenly a huge wrecking ball smashed through the building. I wake up in a cold sweat and scream from the nightmare and take a few deep breaths as (y/n) sits up and asks "Dipper what's wrong?!" "I just had a horrible dream that Gideon stole the deed to the Mystery Shack and kicked us out and...We all gad to move in with Soos's grandma?"

"That was no dream dude," Soos tells me, he was lying on the pull-out bed next to me and I let out another scream, I definitely woke everyone up. The lights turn on and we all look at Soos's grandma as she shushes us. "Shh, por favor." "Uh, sorry Abuelita," I apologize as Mabel gets up from her spot on the floor to hug Abulieta. "Ooo, Soos, your grandma is so adorable! And her skin is all old lady soft."

She starts feeling Abuelita's face and Grunkle Stan scolds her. "Mabel! Quit being creepy the news is finally on," Our attention turns to the small tv in front of us as the news report played. "In a move that has all of Gravity Falls buzzing, child psychic Gideon Gleeful has taken surprise ownership of the Mystery Shack previously belonging to area shyster, Stanford Pines," An image of Gideon winking while be surrounded by a litter of puppies shows on screen before a picture of Grunkle Stan wearing a devils costume with his surrounded by fire showcased on the screen. "That picture's taken out of context," Grunkle Stan comments, and I hear (y/n) try to hold in her laughter and I smile, Mabel and I had found that photo a few weeks ago and asked (y/n) about it.

Apparently for her first birthday with Grunkle Stan he had a bonfire party and decided to prank the guests by pretending to be the devil and things had gotten out of hand. "Now that you have the shack what exactly are you planning to do with it?" The reporter asks Gideon who explains. "I have a big announcement to make today and I'd like to cordially invite all the good people of Gravity Falls to join me. Free admission to anyone who wears their Gideon pins! It's my face!" 

He holds up the atrocious pin of his winking face and winks. "I just can't believe Gideon beat us, normally I'm the one who saves the day, this is all my fault..." I mutter and I feel (y/n) place her hand on my shoulder reassuringly, causing my heart to skip a beat. "Don't worry Dipper, looks like Mabel's gonna have to be the hero of the family now. I'll defeat Gideon with my...Grappling hook!" She pulls out her grappling hook, why does she still have that?

"Mabel? No offense but that grappling hook has literally never helped us once," I point out and she challenges me. "Oh yeah? Jelly grab!" She points at the jar of jelly, and shoots, shattering the jar splattering jelly all over. "I vacuum the walls now," Abuelita says as she starts vacuuming the walls. "So you lost the shack, look on the bright side dudes, now you get to live here with me: Soos! Hey, anyone wanna play race cars? They're out of batteries but we can make pretend," He coughs up some cereal. "Would it be a new low if I ate that? I'm just kidding I'll totally eat it." "We gotta get the shack back," Grunkle Stan grumbles as Mabel, (y/n), and I nod in agreement.

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

We sneak into the event Gideon is hosting and I glare at the sign reading Mystery Shack Grand Closing! Bud was playing a happy tune on an organ while a huge curtain with Gideon's face on it was on the stage when the runt jumps through it, throwing confetti everywhere. "Hello Gravity Falls!" He does an annoying dance as the crowd cheers. We sneak farther out into the crowd so as not to be noticed as Dipper whispers "We're in." "Just gotta say, don't know what we're doing here but I am loving these fake mustaches," Mabel exclaims, rubbing her fingers through the fake hair.

"If anyone asks I'm not Soos," Soos says when our attention turns to Gideon who had stepped up to the podium. "Ladies and gentlemen! Today I am delighted to announce my new plans for the former Mystery Shack. I give you...GideonLand!" He uncovers a tarp to show a miniature figure of the horrible idea he called GideonLand. The five of us gasp in horror while the crowd cheer. That annoying little brat is gonna do what to my shack?!

"We are gonna turn this dirty old shack into three square miles of Gideon-tertainment. And introducin' our new mascot, Lil' Gideon Jr.!" Another cloak was lifted to show Waddles being held, dressed as Gideon shrieks. "Waddles! YOU MONSTER!" Alright, I've had enough of this, I take off my disguise and we rush onto the stage. Once up there the kids start knocking down the decorations as I address the crowd.

"Listen up people Gideon's a fraud! This kid broke in and stole my property!" "Arrest him officers!" (y/n) shouts, pointing at the troll as he gives us a worried look stating "Such accusations. Mr. Pines, I recall you gave the property to me. Look here's the deed right here," He waves the deed in our face and (y/n) points out but it clearly says this property is signed under the name of Stanford Pines, not Gideon Gleeful!" "He has the deed and that's all the proof I need to see," Blubs tells us, adjusting his hat while Durland shouts "I love you Lil' Gideon! Sing them funny songs!" We facepalm, you've gotta be kidding me.

Gideon snaps his fingers and his guards grab hold of us, as Gideon  stepped up to the podium again and slapped one of his ugly pins on me stating "Now get off my property old man!" "I'll show you who's the old man- Ow! Ah, my hearing aid ow!" I say when a high-pitched noise rings in my ear, what was that? "Thanks for visiting GideonLand friends! Don't come back, I don't care for ya'll."

We look through the chain-linked fence and sigh as Dipper tries to reassure us. "Don't worry guys, we'll get the shack back somehow." "We better," Wendy suddenly says as she walked up and leaned on the fence. "Wendy!" "If I can't work at the shack my Dad's gonna force me to work upstate at my cousin's logging camp." "What? But we need you here!" Dipper explains in a panic Soos chiming in. "Yeah, especially Dipper because he pretends to have a giant crush on..."He trails off when I give him a glare. "You...Sohedoesn'thavetoadmithistruefeelingsfor(y/n)," He quickly says that last part and we continue to stare at him when we hear music coming through the bushes and Robbie appears holding up a boombox.

"Oh man don't look now," Wendy grumbles while rolling her eyes as Robbie shouts "Take me back Wendy! My arms are too skinny to keep holding this boombox forever!" "I was never here," She rides off on her bike as Robbie once again chases after her asking if she had received his texts and whether he needs to send more.

We head back to Soos's grandma's house where we give her the unfortunate news. "This is not good I cannot feed such a big family." "Where will we stay Dipper? Where will I put all my sweaters?!" Mabel asks her brother soon gesturing to her suitcase full of sweaters. "And what's Stan gonna tell Mom and Dad?" He asks along with (y/n) asking her own question "I wonder what's gonna happen if we don't get the shack back..." "Don't worry guys, Mr. Pines will figure something out, he always does," Soos tells the kids reassuringly before I turn my attention back to the phone call with the twins' parents and (y/n)'s Aunt Shelli. "Don't worry, your son and daughter and your niece are fine. Where are we staying? I put 'em up in this amazing four-star hotel," I lie as I look around the broken-down kitchen.

"What? Uh, sure we got...Plenty to eat," I again lie as I look in the empty fridge. "Relax, if I thought I couldn't take care of these kids I'd send them back right away. Uh-huh, you too," I hang up and frown as Mabel calls from the living room. "Grunkle Stan! Can we order pizza?!" I dig through my pockets to find them empty, I had stored most of my money in the shack so I wouldn't have to spoil the kids when we were out, guess I didn't notice I had run out of money.

I sigh, looks like I'll have to see if I can scrounge up enough money for bus tickets. I peek out again at the kids, I didn't want to say goodbye yet, especially to (y/n) considering now that she's better this will be my last Summer with her, I'm not even sure if she's realized that yet...

Dipper's p.o.v.

The girls and I were playing race cars with Soos though because it was out of batteries it wasn't that entertaining. "Go red car!" "Go other red car!" Soos and Mabel cheered. "This would be a lot more fun with batteries," I exclaim when Grunkle Stan walks in with a frown and clears his throat gaining our attention. "Kids we gotta talk. Look I've been thinking and I can't take care of you anymore. I don't have a house or a job...The plan is you're going home and (y/n) you're going with them. Your bus leaves tomorrow, here are your tickets," He hands each of us a ticket, and the girls and I give him an upset look. "But Grunkle Stan, you can't give up!" I argue and Soos pulls us in. "Yeah dude, just look at these faces! Be cuter Mabel, your Summer depends on it!"