The Deep End: Part 1

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

It is currently the hottest...Day...Of the year, ugh! We all sat around the living room trying to cool off while the radio played. "Watch out Gravity Falls because at a 110 degrees we're looking at the hottest day of the Summer!" "All in favor of doing nothing all day say ugh," Dipper says and a chorus of groans erupts in the room. "I'm gonna throw this pig outta the house!" I shout when Waddles comes up to me and starts licking the chocolate ice cream off my face. "You called my bluff pig."

"On the bright side, pun very much intended its opening week at the Gravity Falls pool!" "Gravity Falls pool?" "Opening week?" "Today?" "Pun intended?" The kids and Soos ask as I shout "Quick! To the car!" I go to get up but find myself stuck to the floorboards. "Hey, kids! A little help here?" They pull out spatulas and peel me off the floor. "Alright let's head to the pool!" "And remember to be on alert for random wildfires," I hear as I exited the shack. "Wait what?" I catch on fire and shriek. 

"He'll be fine," I har (y/n) say as I was rolled into the car. "Ah, the pool! Sparkling oasis of Summer enchantment," Mabel exclaims as I grumble "Yeah...Nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers, it's like the bus but wet."

Dipper's p.o.v. 

As we looked around for a spot, I noticed Soos's towel that had a picture of the sun wearing sunglasses. "Why would the sun need to wear sunglasses?" "It's best not to think about it," Mabel suddenly stops in her tracks as she asks "Woah, woah, woah, woah! Stop the presses! Who's that?!" 

We look in the pool to see some guy with long brown hair and a shellfish necklace. "Oh him? Word is he never leaves the pool, there's rumors he's a mysterious loner," (y/n) answers as we looked at him and my sister starts to fan herself. "Is it getting hot out here or is it just that guy?" "It's the hottest day of the year Mabel. Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy?"

I ask her and she and (y/n) shake their heads no. "Look at his little mustache hairs!" "You are clearly enamored, go to him," Soos encourages her, and she runs off. "It's so beautiful," Soos gushes and I shrug it off telling him "Meh, Mabel's all talk, you wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before, she always messes it up somehow." "You haven't had your first kiss either Dipper," (y/n) tells me and I give her a confused look. "How did you know that?"

"Mabel," I simply say as Grunkle Stan shakes his head "Women..." Suddenly a water balloon splashed all over Stan and we look up to see Wendy! "Hey, Mr. Pines!" "Wendy?! Where's the lifeguard?" "I am the lifeguard, I make the rules sucker! Boosh!" 

She starts throwing more water balloons and Stan runs away. "You work here now?" I hear (y/n) ask as we looked at Wendy. "I found out lifeguards get free snack privileges, plus I get the best seat in the house." "Yeah, you do!" I shout before laughing, I didn't know what to do, I had been spending so much time with (y/n) recently that...

Well, I have a bigger crush on her but she still thinks I have a massive crush on Wendy and I can't tell her I don't have a crush on Wendy anymore because she'll start asking questions and she can't know! I continue laughing before stopping as I mutter "I've been laughing too long." "Dude, are you and Wendy having a secret staring contest? Cuz I think you're winning," Soos asks me and I shush him. Glancing at (y/n) to see she and Wendy were staring at me and I ask "So hey you wanna go chuck more water balloons at Grunkle Stan?" "I'd love too but I gotta spend the day doing tryouts. We're looking for a new assistant lifeguard."

 I suck in my teeth knowing that if I didn't jump on the chance, (y/n) would notice and start asking questions. "Hey! Ahem, hey, what if I was the assistant lifeguard?" I suggest, adjusting my hey to sound more manly. "That would be so much fun, you're totally in dude! You just have to check in with my boss first Mr. Pool-Check."

"Your boss?" I question and I look to see a muscular guy in white shorts, a red t-shirt with a whistle, sunblock on his nose, and balding blonde hair. He starts doing push-ups before staring directly at me. 

Mabel's p.o.v.

I dive under the water and swim over to that gorgeous boy. I take in a deep breath as I come out from under the water. "Wow! Oh my gosh, how crazy bumping into you here even though we don't know each other," I sate, leaning on the floatie he had in front of him. "How long have you been...Underwater?" He asks me and I shrug it off. "That doesn't matter," I cough out a band-aid. "So hey! My name's Mabel," I introduce myself. "Hola." "Are you Australian?" I ask when I hear his accent, causing him to chuckle. "I am charmed by your sense of humor, and your bold lack of water wings," I laugh too. "You're so funny! And your hair is beautiful." "No, no, it has silly tangles."

I pull out a comb and start brushing through his hair. "Mind if I...?" "Why Mabel you are so forward," I give him a smile as I think to myself 'This is it go for it Mabel it's time! Ask him out on a date!' "Soo...Hey! You wanna go dry off, maybe hit the snack bar or...?" "I...I'm afraid I cannot. For I have a terrible secret! I must go," He swims off as I mutter "I'm upset yet intrigued..."

Dipper's p.o.v.

"And that is why I think I'd make a good lifeguard assistant," I finish telling Mr. Pool-Check as he finishes hammering a 'Do not touch' sign on the pool supplies door. He turns to me and starts sniffing me...What? "ESPF 100? Good...I like you. But this isn't an easy job, it's anarchy out there," I look at the pool, it was adult swim and things were pretty calm out there. "I think I can handle it." "Can you handle THIS?!" He shoves his hand in my face and when I turn around I see he'd taken off his own hand. I gasp as he tells me "I lost my hand to a pool filter!" He puts his hand back in.

"The pool mates seem friendly but she can turn on you in an instant which is why you must respect her rules! Do you think you have what it takes boy? Do you?!" He shouts in my face as he shook me. My eyes shift to Wendy who was giving me a thumbs-up before they shift to (y/n), she was sitting on the edge of the pool, she catches my eye and gives me a smile with a thumbs-up before I look back at Mr. Pool-Check. "Sure...I guess," I almost say hesitantly and the whistle is put around my neck. "Welcome to the deep end son." "Well, thanks I-" He cuts me off with a tight hug. "Yep...This is happening."

Author: 1. I now have a Patreon account so if you're interested here is the link: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=42130548 2. Here is some amazing fanart done by Krixiiko of her Y/n in Gravity Falls with Dipper:

 Here is some amazing fanart done by Krixiiko of her Y/n in Gravity Falls with Dipper: