The Legend of the Gobblewonker: Part 2

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"Aw donkey spittle!" Maguget mutters as he walked away in shame. "Well that happened, now let's untie this boat and get out on that lake," Grunkle Stan says hopping into an old boat when Dipper turns to me and Mabel with a grin. "Girls! Did you hear what that old dude said?!" "Aw donkey spittle!" Mabel, answers, making her best impression of Maguget. "The other thing! About the monster, if we can snag a photo of it, we can split the prize evenly between us. Imagine what you could do with five hundred dollars!" 

Mabel lifts her head up to think about it, after a few moments there was still no response from her and I give Dipper a worried look. He walks up and starts snapping his fingers in her face. "Mabel! Mabel?!" She turns around excitedly. "Dipper, I am one million percent on board with this!" The two turn to me with an excited expression and I kiss my teeth. "I...I don't know guys is it really fair to dump Grunkle Stan like this?"

 I tell them and Dipper says "Who said we were ditching him? He can come along, watch," Dipper walks up to Grunkle Stan stating "Grunkle Stan! Change of plans, we're taking that boat to Scuttlebutt Island and we're gonna find that Gobblewonker!" The twins start to chant "Monster hunt!" And Grunkle Stan gives me a look and I shrug at him when Maguget runs up and starts chanting with the two and we all stare at him. "I'll go."

He mumbles, walking away when we hear a horn and turn to see a boat approaching with Soos. "You dudes say something about a monster hunt?" "Soos!" "What's up hambone?" Soos and Mabel fist bump making explosion noises before he tells us "Dudes, you can totally use my boat for your hunt, it's got a steering wheel, chairs, normal boat stuff."

"Alright, alright, let's think this through, you kids could go waste your time on some epic monster finding adventure OR you could spend the day learning to tie knots and secure worms with your great uncle Stan," Grunkle Stan said and I look at the twins who were looking at Soos do the robot, they then look at Grunkle Stan who was wiggling his eyebrows at us with a smile. They look at Scuttlebutt Island before giving each other a smile and they both hop onto Soos's boat.

"So what do ya say?" Grunkle Stan asks soon only seeing me on the doc. "Ingrates," He mutters and I go to get in his boat. "You don't want to go on a monster hunt with the twins?" He asks me and I tell him. "While it does sound fun, today is the day you and me get to spend some quality time together if I could've I would've enjoyed our way of fishing and now I want the full experience."

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

I smile at (y/n) I knew she'd enjoy it, she always had a lot of patience and liked quiet activities though with me it's hardly ever quiet, I look at Dipper and Mabel as they put on their life jackets and I hear (y/n) mumble "I wish they gave our way of fishing a chance..." "Yeah..." I start to say when Dipper shouts "(y/n), you coming?!" She goes to shout no when I stop her. "Go with them, make sure they do anything too stupid," She gives me an unsure look. "Are you...Sure?" She asks and I nod stating "Ah, don't worry bout me, I've got a whole box of creepy fishing lours to keep me company."

I tell her, gesturing towards the lures, she still looked unsure. "Alright, how bout this? You go with them to make sure they're safe, come back a few hours before the lake closes and we can fish our way," 

I give her a smile and she returns it with a nod as she goes onto Soos's boat shouting "Don't get into too much trouble without me!" They speed away, and I frown, it's for her own good if she sticks with them it's clear she'll be better off, I face the creepy lures, ew they were creepy, I shut the box.

Dipper's p.o.v. 

"Hoist the anchor!" I shout the wind blowing through the air as we made our way to Scuttlebutt Island. "Raise the flag!" I then shout as Mabel lifts up a towel shouting "We're gonna find that Gobblewonker!" "We're gonna win that photo contest!" I shout when Soos asks "Any of you dudes got sunscreen?"

 "We're gonna go get sunscreen!" (y/n) shouts as we made a quick U-turn. "Alright, if we want to win this contest we've gotta do it right. Think, what's the number one problem with most monster hunts?" I ask, pacing the docs and I hear Soos say "You're a side character and you die within the first 5 minutes of the movie. Dude am I a side character?! Do you ever think about stuff like that?" I give a confused glance at him while Mabel and (y/n) calm him down and I explain. "No, no, no, camera trouble! Say Bigfoot shows up. Soos, be Bigfoot?" He nods and poses and I pretend to be shocked. "There he is, Bigfoot! Uh oh, no camera, oh wait here's one, aww, no film!"

I act, pulling out a camera and then putting it away as I ask "You see what I'm doing here?" They all nod "That's why I bought 21 disposable cameras," I hand each of them four cameras soon gesturing to myself as I say:

"Two on my ankle, three in my jacket, four for each of you, three extra's in this bag and one under my hat," I lift my hat to show the camera before putting it back on. "There's no way, we're gonna miss this, ok everybody let's test our cameras out," Soos goes to take a selfie and the flash shocks him as he flings it out into the water. "You see this is exactly why you have back-up cameras, we still have 20," A seagull flies by and Mabel throws a camera at it. "19! Ok, guys, I repeat don't lose your cameras." "Wait lose the cameras?" Soos asks and I shout "DON'T!" "Dude, I just threw two away." "17! Alright. We still have 17 cameras-" I slam my fist down on a cooler where (y/n) had set one of her working cameras.

"16. We have 16 cameras," I correct myself, trying to keep it together. "So what's the plan? Throw more cameras overboard or what?" My sister asks just as she was about to throw them out, (y/n) grabbing the cameras as we shout in unison "No!" "Okay, Mabel you can be lookout, Soos can work the steering wheel, (y/n) can be first-mate and I'll be Captain." "What?! Why do you get to be Captain? What about Mabel huh?" 

Mabel complains, soon chanting her own name. "I'm not sure that's a good idea." "What about co-Captain?" "Mabel there's...No such thing as co-Captain," (y/n) tells Mabel, just as she was about to say something else, Mabel throws another camera overboard. "Oops." "Ok, fine! You can be co-Captain!" I shout. "Can I be associate co-Captain?" Soos asks. "As co-Captain, I authorize that request." "Uh...As first-mate I authorize that request...?" 

(y/n) says in a questioning tone when the two stared at her before everyone stared at me as I said "Well as first co-Captain our number one order of business is to lure the monster out with this," I gesture toward the barrel filled with fish food. "Permission to taste some?" Soos asks and I shrug. "Granted." "Permission first-mate granted." "Permission co-granted." "Permission associate co-granted." He sticks his hand in the barrel, grabs some of the food, and licks it. He starts coughing in disgust as he starts to gag, and we all burst out laughing. "Dude, I don't know what I expected that to taste like."

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v

I eye Soos's boat and see the kids having fun, I knew (y/n) would have a better time with them but I'm starting to regret telling her to go with them. "Traitors...I'll find my own fishing buddies," I mumble to myself before looking around to see a boat not far off with two people and I make my way over. "There's my new pals!"

Mabel's p.o.v.

We were making our way over to Scuttlebutt Island and my gaze lands on Dipper and (y/n), they were a little ways away from me and they were talking to each other when (y/n)'s eyes widen and she points at Dipper, a moment later and my brother pulls out the journal and they start flipping through the book when a seagull flies up and I grab hold of its bill. "Hey, how's it going?" I ask, gaining their attention.