Double Dipper: Part 6

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Grunkle Stan takes notice of my down face and places a hand on my shoulder asking "Hey what's wrong kiddo?" "It's nothing really Grunkle Stan," I tell him waving it off but he gave me a look and I relent. "Well, it's just that I wanted to spend time with all my friends tonight and I have...Except for Dipper, he's been missing all night. One moment he's there and the next you couldn't find him for who knows how long..." Grunkle Stan frowns muttering something under his breath before he pulled out a small wrapped gift and handed it to me. 

"Well, I got somethin' that might make you feel better. It's from all of us." I open the gift to find a small notebook with a pen attached to the side. I take it out and flip through the empty book as Grunkle Stan rubs the back of his neck stating "We all took notice that you were reading those mystery books again and how you're always looking for scrap paper to write on so..." 

I give the man a smile as I hug him. "Thank you! It's the best!" "You know the party doesn't have to end, why don't you go find Dipper and drag him down here to party?" He tells me pointing toward the balcony, guess he saw Dipper go that way. I give a nod and head on up to find him.

Dipper's p.o.v.

Tyrone and I were sitting on the roof with our sodas, stargazing. "Some night huh?" He asks and I nod, both of us opening our sodas. "You know I spent all night trying to get with (y/n) though I have feelings for Wendy. I'm starting to think Mabel was right when she said I had a crush on (y/n)...Do you think I have a chance with either of them? I mean Wendy's 15 and we're 12 and (y/n) is still trying to figure out who she is and remember her past so is it really fair to ask for a relationship?"

 "I dunno man I hope so but we're making zero progress the way we're doing it. We didn't really talk with Wendy tonight and the only good conversations you had with (y/n) was when you didn't do any of that list stuff. I honestly think we'd have a better chance getting together with (y/n)," I nod my head in agreement, thinking back to what Mabel said before the party started. "Mabel was right, I do get in my own way..." "Literally!"

 We both say before Tyrone makes an explosion noise and we clink our sodas before downing them. "Oh, boy don't look now," I turn my head to see Tyrone melting, right! He's paper! "Tyrone!" "It's ok dude, I had a good run. Remember what we talked about." "Of course!" "And hey quit being such a wimp around (y/n) ok? She might really need you one day, do it for her's and my sake!" "Tyrone! You were the only one who understood." I pour my soda out before drinking whatever was left in it. "There you are!" I turn around to see (y/n).

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"There you are!" I exclaim as I get onto the little roof where Dipper was sitting as I tell him "I've been looking all over for you, is this where you've been running to all night?" He rubs the back of his neck muttering "Kind of..." "Then what have you been doing all night besides avoiding me?" "What?! I-I wasn't avoiding you! At least...Not intentionally," He tells me and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Then where were you running off to?" He lets out a sigh before handing me a piece of paper and I look it over to see it was a plan...To get closer to me? 

"I made a plan to spend some time with you tonight but it kept going all wrong so I used the printer in Grunkle Stan's office to create clones of myself to help with my plan but that just made things worse..." He explains to me, avoiding eye contact and I burst out laughing. "W-what's so funny?" "Why didn't you just talk to me like a normal person like you usually do?" I ask him with an amused smile as he rubbed the back of his neck again telling me "I'm beginning to wonder that myself especially considering any good conversations I had with you tonight were when I wasn't following that stupid list and if I hadn't used it, to begin with maybe I wouldn't have missed your birthday..." My eyes widen as I ask "You knew?!" "Wendy and Soos told me, I'm sorry."

 He apologizes and I give him a smile before gathering up the courage to give him a side hug. "It's ok, what matters now is that you know and we can start celebrating, I mean there are a couple more hours before midnight."

He gives me a nod before saying "Happy birthday (y/n)." "Thanks. You know if it makes you feel better I consider you my best friend." "Really?!" Dipper asks me, his eyes widening and I give him a nod stating "Well of course, not that Grunkle Stan, Wendy, Soos, and Mabel haven't gotten to know me it's just that you know me the best and I feel most comfortable around you."

 I look up at the stars as we fall into silence. "Mason," I suddenly hear and I turn and look at Dipper. "Huh?" "My name...It's Mason," He repeats and I make an oh face. "Mason...Hm...I like it, it oddly suits you," I say with a nod and he chuckles with a "Pfft what?" "It oddly suits you!" I tell him again with a smile and we start laughing.

Once we calmed down we look back up at the sky and see a shooting star. "A shooting star! Quickly make a wish!" I say, pointing at the star before lightly shaking Dipper. I close my eyes and make a wish, when I open them again I see Dipper was done as well and I ask "What did you wish for?" "Aren't we not supposed to reveal our wishes until after they come true?" He asks and I shrug before poking him stating "I bet you wished to figure out who the authors of the journals are before the Summer ends."

 "Haha, actually I wished to make up tonight for you." "I know how you can make it up: Make my wish come true," I tell him and he raises an eyebrow asking "What's your wish?" I stand up and offer him my hand as I ask "Wanna dance?" He gives me a smile as he accepts my hand I pull him up. We head back downstairs to the party room.

We peek through the window to see Soos still playing music while Grunkle Stan counted his money, Mabel, Grenda, and Candy danced, with Wendy leaning on the wall tapping her foot along with the music. I open the door for us to go inside when Dipper stops and I turn around to watch him pull out his plan and rip it to shreds. "I don't need it," He tells me as we head in and start dancing, Mabel soon shouting "Dipper! (y/n)! Where you two been?! Meet my girl friends!"