Carpet Diem: Part 3

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Soos and I watch as the twins start to chase after Grunkle Stan when Soos steps in their way saying "Woah dudes, this room gives me major creepo vibes. You know the attic is a pretty good space, maybe you two should appreciate what you got?" They push past him to get to Grunkle Stan and Soos shrugs. "Hey, what do I know? Maybe there's nothing creepy goin' on in this room?" I shrug as I continue to look around the room I had at one point grew up in while Soos cleaned up the room a bit.

Eventually coming up with nothing new, I grab the baby blanket and sit on the rug, looking over the blanket for any tag of a company. If there was a tag maybe the person who made this blanket knew who bought it. No such luck. With a sigh, I flop down on the rug annoyed. I turn my head to the side to see the tag that read Experiment 78. I squint my eyes at the tag, and how odd it was. Sitting up, I grab the tag and turn the corner of the rug over to read the other side. "Electron carpet?" I ask confused when my head started pounding, here we go again...

A few years ago:

I sat on the couch playing with my toys while Gram and ßfñødæ3 placed down a new rug. The two step onto it as he explained how it should work. "Now if we did this correctly âçgë4 when we shuffle our feet we should create a static charge powerful enough to switch minds," They both shuffle their feet and tap each other. A white light shines and I look up and stare at the two as they stared at themselves and then each other. "It worked!" "Will it work again though?" They do it again and another white light shines and they look at each other again.

"This is great! If we keep up this kind of progress, it won't be long before we can finally transfer everything (y/n) needs to know," ßfñødæ3 exclaims pulling out a notebook as he starts to scribble down notes.  Gram looks down at her feet before asking "I'm not sure about that, it could be dangerous to try and transfer everything into (y/n)'s memory, are we sure we can't just teach her it all?" 

He looks up from his notes and lightly grabs Gram's shoulders. "âçgë4 you know that would take too long to teach her everything and have her remember it all when we could just transfer it all into her brain." "ßfñødæ3 we've figured out how to swap minds not how to transfer information into a mind much less a child's mind! The more I think about it the more dangerous it sounds!"

"We don't have much of a cHoice you and I both know that if it happEns we can't Stop it and (y/n) will be our only hope. If she doesn't know everything, we're doomed! We won't be able to help anyone, the world will end-" "I know! I know...I just...I just hate the fact that if all our preCautions fail she'll be Our last resort and our only hope...But you're right we need to figure this out fast so let's get back to work, we shouldn't be discussing this in front of her anyway, she won't understand it, at least not yet," The two argued before leaving the rooM while I sat there coNfused about what they were talkinG about.

Present:

My eyes open wide, tears streaming down my face as I began hyperventilating from the memory. I look around to see I was still in the room, alone. I stan up and rub my hands up my arms. W-what was all that? Before I could start asking questions, the door opens, and in walks Dipper. "All these chores will be worth it when I-" He cuts himself off when he sees me staring at him with tears streaming down my face and frown.

"(y/n)! Are you ok?! What happened?" He asked running over to me as he led me over to the couch. "N-new memory," Was all I could muster out as I sat down and pulled my legs into me, my arms wrapping around my legs as I rest my chin on my knees. Getting the hint, Dipper sits down next to me, taking his shoes off. "Oh, well you don't have to say anything, just sit there and calm down for now and relax," He demonstrates this by leaning into the couch and shuffling his feet on the rug while I surfed through the new memory, slightly shaking in fear. Though I could tell Dipper was still worried from the worried glances he gave me every now and then.

"Hey brother, don't get too comfortable, I just made Stan an omelet shaped like his own face," Mabel says walking into the room and I watch as Dipper gets up and he starts circling around her on the carpet. "Face it, I'm like a suck-up ninja. This room's as good as mine. You might as well give up now, what do you say?" "I'mma say I'm gonna win this room somehow and when I do I'll finally have my own space and will never have to share anything ever again!" My eyes widen as I see the charge as Dipper went to slap away his sister's hand.

"Wait don't!" I shout but it was too late, he had slapped her hand and a white light covered the room before dimming down. Getting up I look at the two and ask "Are you two ok?!" "Ugh, what happened?" I hear Dipper's voice...Coming from Mabel's body! I quickly look at Dipper's body, shock written all over as Mabel's voice rang out. "Dipper? Why are you wearing my clothes? And my face! Am I in your body?!" "Am I in your body?!" My mouth goes agape, how did the carpet still work?! Why was it never put up?! The twins start screaming.

From there I watch the two have a total mental breakdown as Dipper-Mabel started puking in the toilet in the bathroom while Dipper ran up to a mirror and looked in it only to scream and run away before repeating that process.

Mabel starts punching Dipper's body shouting "Get out! Get out! Get out!" Dipper on the other hand was now sitting in the corner, rocking the body muttering over and over "This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening," Mabel lets out another scream.

Once I finally got the two to calm down, they stood in front of the mirror looking at themselves. "Great, just what we need, more Gravity Falls weirdness," Dipper exclaims and I nod in agreement while Mabel began to complain. "This is stupid! Sharing a room was bad enough, now we're sharing bodies?" "Ugh, braces are horrible, it's like my mouth hates me, and what are these things?" Dipper asks flicking the stuffs on Mabel's head. (Yeah, well the other kinda brace isn't that fun either) "I wanna know why you're so sweaty...And awkward," I hold in a chuckle at that, I found it adorable when he was awkward.

"Hey look! Experiment 78," Dipper says looking over the tag as we all look at him-her, Dipper. "Electron carpet," He reads out loud and I squint my eyes, hoping the memory wouldn't flood in again. Nope, just questions like what were they talking about? Precautions for what? What was gonna end in the world? What couldn't they tell me? What information did I need to know and why? Were they successful in transferring everything into my memory? I mean I guess it didn't matter now since I forgot but still? And what did they mean by everything?

Questions swarmed my mind and the feeling of uneasiness washed over me. Shaking my head I tune back into what Dipper was saying. "Atoms can swap electrons...This carpet must build up a static charge so powerful that it can swap minds! It was the static electricity! Maybe we could use it to switch back!"

Dipper exclaims while clicking his pen, it's what he did when he was in deep thought, that or chew on the pen. Mabel takes a sigh of relief. "Phew, glad I'm switching back. If I was you I would totally lose the contest." "And if I was you, which I am...Then I could sabotage myself! Then Mabel would lose all her points and the room would go to Dipper!" Dipper concludes as I ask "Wait what? You two are still focused on who gets my old bedroom?" "Oh Stan, I've always hated you!" Dipper shouts before giving Mabel a smirk. "Haha, see who he gives the room to now!" He runs off as Mabel starts to chase after him before tripping on a shoelace. "No, wait! Oof! Tie your shoes!"

Dipper's p.o.v.

I run into the kitchen to find Grunkle Stan finishing up the omelet my sister made. "Grunkle Stan!" "What's the word, Mabel?" "That's right it's me, Mabel! If you like that omelet, you'll love this:" I shove a rock sandwich in his face. "A sandwich made out of rocks!" "Candy rocks?" I shake my head no. "Regular rocks." 

"Keep that up and I'll be giving your brother this key," Grunkle Stan warns me. "Haha! I mean darn," I say trying to sound like I didn't want that to happen when Mabel ran into the room. "Hey, Grunkle Stan! Your face looks like a butt!" "What?!" She starts destroying the kitchen while singing "Breaking stuff is so much fun, I am Dipper and I stink!" I climb up on the table and grab the cereal box, dumping it over my head shouting "Mabel's gone bananas! Bing! Zow! Malow!" "Well, this is getting weird," Grunkle Stan says and without another word walks off. "Wait! Aren't you gonna doc Mabel's points?!" "Dipper should lose all his points!" Me and my sister start fighting each other again.