Headhunters: Part 2

Dipper's p.o.v.

Soon Grunkle Stan races by us grabbing the box filled with money as the people started to riot, the people breaking whatever they could in anger. "I think that went well," Mabel suddenly says. It was later that night the wax Stan was sitting in the chair while Mabel cleaned him, Grunkle Stan counting his money,  while (y/n) and I read our books. "Hot pumpkin pie look at all this cash! And I owe it all to one person! This guy!" He gestures toward the wax figure and (y/n) elbows his back without looking up from her book.

 "Oh yeah, you too you little gremlin," He then says patting Mabel's head when he starts to push us out of the room stating "Now you kids wash up, we've got another long day of fleecing rubes tomorrow."

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

"Kids..." I sigh out leaning on wax me as my attention turns to the tv. "Well, detective it seems you've really...Quacked the case," The constable jokes and Duck-Tective's subtitles come on: Don't patronize me. "Haha! Stupid duck! Well, I'm gonna use the Jhon you need anything?" I ask before laughing. "Haha! I love this guy! Don't you go nowhere," After attending to my business I go to the kitchen to grab a quick soda before walking back into the living room to see a horrible sight. N-No...No...NOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be! Who would do this?! I let out a horrified scream and soon the kids ran into the living room.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Dipper, Mabel, and I had just gotten into our PJs and we were brushing our teeth. "Dipper, (y/n), you wanna do a toothbrush race?" Mabel asks. "Okay," We respond when we hear what sounded like Grunkle Stan screaming. "No! No! NOOOOOOOOO!" Quickly we finish brushing our teeth and rush downstairs to see what was going on.

"Grunkle Stan, what's wrong?!" I ask and he gestures in front of him stating "Wax Stan he's been...MURDERED!" We look forward to see the decapitated body of wax Stan, his head nowhere in sight. Mabel falls to her knees, Dipper catching her as I gasp. After a few moments, the police arrived. "I get up to use the Jhon right? I come back and blamo! He's headless!" Grunkle Stan explains, Mabel touching the wax figure muttering "My expert handcrafting...besmirched...BESMIRCHED!" 

And now Mabel's crying, Dipper and I kneel down and comfort her as Dipper asks "Who would do something like this?" "What's your opinion Sheriff Blubs?" Deputy Durland asks after writing down all the details. "Look we'd love to help you folk but let's face the facts this case is unsolvable," Blubs exclaims, drinking his coffee. We all shout in unison "What?!"

"You take that back Sheriff Blubs!" Grunkle Stan shouts. "You have to be kidding, there's got to be evidence, suspects, motives, you haven't even-" I start to say when Blubs cut me off. "Listen girlie we've looked at all angles and it's unsolvable."

"But-" "No buts it's unsolvable you hear me?" "Y-Yes...Sir..." I mumble when Dipper suddenly speaks up, looking determined. "You don't know that! You know (y/n) and I can help if you want." "They're really good, they worked together to figure out who was eating our tin cans!" Mabel backs him up.

"All signs pointed to the goat." "Yeah, yeah, let the kids help, they got a little brains up in their heads and they work well together," Grunkle Stan says also backing us up and I smile. "Ooo, would you look at what we got here city boy and his girlfriend think they're gonna solve a mystery with his fancy computer phone," Blubs jokes as Durland shouts "City boy! City boy!" "You two are adorable," They patronize some more as Dipper and I give each other a look before asking "Adorable?" "Girlfriend?"

 They continue to laugh at us as we started to glare. "Look PJs how about you leave the investigating to the grownups ok?" The two high-five when their dispatcher turns on. "Attention all units! Steve is going to put an entire cantaloupe in his mouth! Repeat an entire cantaloupe in his mouth!" "It's a 23-16!" "Let's move!" We watch as they run out of the house.

"That's it, (y/n) you and me are gonna find the jerk who did this and get back that head! Then we'll see who's adorable!" Dipper tells me and I nod "Yeah!" "I wanna help too, the one who did this must pay!" 

Mabel shouts and we give her a nod before Dipper sneezed, it sounded like a kitten. "Aww, you sneeze like a kitten," Mabel exclaims and I cover my mouth as I giggle. "Aww, you laugh like a baby," She soon tells me, and we both glared at her. The next day we went to investigate the crime scene. 

"Wax Stan has lost his head and it's up to us to find it. There were a lot of unhappy customers at the unveiling. The murderer could have been anyone," Dipper exclaims looking at the suspect list and Mabel says "Gasp even us!" I chime in. "We also need to take into consideration that there is more than one culprit." "True, in this town anything is possible, ghosts, zombies, it could be months before we find our first clue."

Dipper exclaims while flipping through the journal. "Hey look! A clue!" Mabel suddenly says and we look where she was pointing to see footprints. "Footprints in the shag carpet!" "That's weird...They've got a hole in them," I say pointing at the print as we follow where they went. "And they're leading too..." 

We gasp as we spot an ax behind the chair. After inspecting the area some more we take the ax and show it to Soos. "So what do you think?" Dipper asks as Soos inspects it. "In my opinion...This is an ax," He tells us. "Wait a minute...The lumberjack!" Mabel shouts and we recall that he did have an ax. "Of course!" All three of us go as we think of a motive. "He was furious when he didn't get that free pizza!" "Furious enough for...MURDER!" Mabel shouts, shaking her fist. "Oh you mean Manly Dan, yeah he hangs out at this crazy intense biker joint downtown."

 "Then that's where we're going, c'mon I know the way," I say as Soos hands us the ax stating "Dudes this is awesome you guys are like the Mystery Trio." "Don't call us that," Dipper quickly says before we head out of the house to find Grunkle Stan dragging a coffin out of his car trunk. "Hey! Give me a hand with this coffin will ya? I'm doin' a memorial service for wax Stan, somethin' small but classy." "Sorry, Grunkle Stan but we've got a big break in the case!" Dipper tells him as Mabel repeats him. "Break in the case!" "We're heading into town right now to interrogate the murderer."

I state as Mabel pulls out the ax. "We've got an ax." "I dunno...That seems the sorta thing a responsible parent wouldn't want'cha doing. Good thing I'm an uncle. Avenge me, kids! AVENGE ME!" He shouts while he stepped a foot on the coffin.

Dipper's p.o.v.

We approached Skull Fracture, the building Manly Dan hangs out in. We peek over the corner to see a bodyguard, guarding the door. Of course, there's security. "Got the fake IDs?" Mabel hands me and (y/n) her ID. "Here goes nothing!" "Sorry, we don't serve minors," The guy tells the minor in front of him handing the minor back his ID. 

We approach the guard. "We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan," Mabel exclaims as we hold up the fake IDs. They were covered in glitter, stickers, macaroni shells with a picture of ourselves in the middle with a drawn-on mustache and googly eyes, underneath were our goofy nicknames we gave each other Dipping Sauce, Mableton, and (n/n) and our new ages.