Little Gift Shop of Horrors: Part 5

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

The traveler shakes their head no at buying Waddles and I sigh. "You know what? You're right. Don't buy the pig, in fact, I'm better off leaving it with my niece," A plunger bullet from the Nyarf guns is shot at my fez, and I look at an annoyed Mabel and tell her "No shooting in the house sweetie!"  I turn back to the traveler. "But perhaps I could interest you in something else. Like these spooky moives~ Movies are great, you watch the movie, you scare the girl, the girl snuggles up next to you, next thing you know you gotta raise a kid, your life falls apart...Forget that last part. This next tale is called...Clay Day!"

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

It was movie night and Mabel's turn to pick a movie...One we all hated except her. Soos was on the steps leading to the hallway, Grunkle Stan in the chair and me and Dipper on the floor snuggling on a pillow. The movie ends and we boo and groan about it being a bad movie. (you want a bad movie? Watch Volicepastor XD) "Whelp, that just put me ninety minutes closer to death. It's time you kids watch the classics from my day," Grunkle Stan says getting up and starts to put in a movie.

"Yes! Another night of references we won't understand and words we can't repeat," I exclaim happily, every few months or so Grunkle Stan and I would watch one of the old movies back in his day and most were enjoyable for entertainment and one of the few times we won't be treated as kids. The movie starts up with a fight scene and a stop-motion animation character walks on screen and Mabel lets out a scream before running upstairs. "Well, your sister's broken." "Oh Grunkle Stan I should've told you before but Mabel has a childhood terror of old-timey stop-motion animation. It's like her number one fear since we were kids."

Dipper explains and Stan lets out a chuckle as he asks "Come on those hokey old things? How scared could she be?" We find her hiding in the closet in a basket with her clean clothes. "The cyclops! His face is made of nightmares..." "Kid, it's just a movie, it can't hurt you." "No talking. They wait for you to talk and then crawl inside your mouth," She ducks back into the clothes, and Dipper sighs.

"Why did you show her that tape?" "There's gotta be a way to get her over this," Grunkle Stan mutters before he looks at the back of the box and soon we're standing in front of the director's home. "Alright if we can just get the director to show her the models are fake, maybe she'll finally calm down." "I dunno dude. According to the internet, special effects genius Harry Claymore is some kind of recluse."

Grunkle Stan throws a rope over the fence stating "I can respect that. Well, everyone over the fence," We get inside a look around as Stan explained how stop-motion worked. "You see Mabel those monsters are just tiny clay figures moved around one frame at a time by an anti-social shut-in." "Those people are called animators," Soos chimes in as we continue looking around. "Hello? Mr. Claymore! We wanna get a look at your figurines!" Dipper finds a small broken gorilla figurine and waves it in front of the laundry basket Mabel was hiding in. "Aha! See Mabel? It's all just special effects, you can come out."

"No!" "Kid listen to me. For the last time, there is nothing here to be affraid of-" Stan cuts himself off as a giant shadow looms over us and when we look up we see it's a giant live clay figure from the movie. It lets out a rawr and we slowly back up as it swings its arm at us. "It's slowly...Swiping at us!" "Let's escape by standing still," Soos offers before he was grabbed, soon shouting "It didn't work!"

The cyclops uses its other hand to grab Grunkle Stan and skeletons pop up, chasing Dipper and I as we tripped over the basket and Mabel comes tumbling out soon screaming and running away upstairs as we're caught and placed into some clay and I ask "How is this possible?! What do they want?!"