Headhunters: Part 1

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Dipper, Mabel, and I were watching Duck-Tective in the living room, I was laid down on the chair while Mabel and Dipper sat on the floor. "I'm afraid your services won't be required here, sir, my men have examined the evidence and this is an obvious accident," The police officer exclaimed on the show when I heard a smack and look down. Mabel had been knitting something when she reached for some popcorn and Dipper had slapped her hand away and I slightly shake my head.

She did say she didn't want popcorn after all. I reach down and grab some as I continue to watch the show. Duck-Tective started to talk well quack as the subtitles came on, he was suggesting that what happened was murder. 

"Duck-Tective will return after these messages," We hear after the constable shouted out a what. "That duck is a genius," Mabel says in awe. They hadn't seen Duck-Tective before so I introduced it to them it was Grunkle Stan's and my favorite show to watch and clearly Mabel liked it. I turn my attention to Dipper to see his reaction. "Eh, it's easier to find clues when you're that close to the ground." "Are you saying you could outwit Duck-Tective?" I ask in an amused tone and Dipper nods. "(y/n) I have very keen powers of observation for example just by smelling her breath I can tell that Mabel has been eating..." He takes a moment to sniff before saying "An entire tube of toothpaste?"

I give her a worried look as she mutters "It was so sparkly..." "Hey dudes! You'll never guess what I found!" We suddenly hear Soos shout as he races into the room. "Buried treasure!" Dipper shouts, throwing his fists in the air Mabel soon doing the same before shoving her brother lightly.

"Buried- Hey! I was gonna say that!" "Let's go check it out," I say and Dipper moves the bowl of popcorn out of the way so I could roll off the chair. "So I was cleaning up when I had found this secret door hidden behind the wallpaper. It's crazy bonkers creepy," Soos explains as we walk towards the door. We enter the dusty old room and we see a bunch of wax figures. "Woah it's a secret wax museum."

 Dipper exclaims picking up a flashlight and turning it on Mabel touching one stating "They're so lifelike," Before I could say I remembered these guys Dipper points the flashlight at someone, in particular, saying "Except for that one." "Hello!" It suddenly said with a wave and we all scream as the flashlight points to the face of Grunkle Stan. "Hehe, it's just me, your Grunkle Stan!" Dipper, Mabel, and Soos scream as they race out of the room Grunkle Stan and I cracking up.

Mabel's p.o.v.

After we calmed down we entered the room again, Grunkle Stan turning on the lights before gesturing toward the figures. "Behold the Gravity Falls wax museum, it was one of our most popular attractions before I forgot all about it."

He explains when (y/n) speaks up. "Actually I believe we put them away when people stopped paying to see and mess around with them." "Oh yeah...That too. I got 'em all Gangus Kon, Sherlock Homes, I dunno some kind of goblin man," He gestured to each statue. "Is anyone else getting the creeps here?"

Dipper suddenly asks, I turn to say something when I saw (y/n) whisper something to Dipper. "And now for my personal favorite wax Abraham Lincon! Right over- OH! OH NO! C'mon! Who left the blinds open?! Wax Jhon Willspooth I'm looking in your direction!" We hear and look to see a melted wax figure in the sun as Grunkle Stan starts messing with the wax. "How do you fix a wax figure?" I smile as I approach him. "Cheer up Grunkle Stan, where's that smile?" "Meh," He grumbles and I start poking him in the face. 

"Beep. Bop. Boop." "Ow." "Don't worry Grunkle Stan I'll make you a new wax figure from all this old wax," I offer. "You really think you could make one of these puppies?" "Grunkle Stan, I'm an arts and crafts master why do you think I always have this glue gun stuck to my arm?" I say before trying once again to shake off the glue gun. "I like your gumption kid." "I don't know what that word means but thank you," I immediately got to work.

After making the wax a block and laying out all the tools I needed I started brainstorming on what I should make when Dipper and (y/n) walked into the room. "Dipper! (y/n)! What do you think of my wax figure idea?! She's part fairy princess and part horse fairy princess."

I shout making Dipper slightly choke on his soda and cough, (y/n) patting his back as I show them my drawing. "Ok, maybe you should carve something from real life," Dipper suggests after he and (y/n) gave each other a look and I quickly draw a waffle with arms. "Like a waffle with big arms!"  The two give each other another look. "Uh yeah...Ok...Or maybe something else like...Someone in your family?" (y/n) suggest nervously when Grunkle Stan walks into the room without his pants as he steps one foot on a stool as he searched the room. "Kids! Have you seen my pants?!" That's it! "Oh, muse...You work in mysterious ways..." I mutter as Grunkle Stan asked, "Why is your sister talking to the ceiling?"

I quickly went to work and within the day I sculpted and painted a Grunkle Stan wax figure. "I think...It needs more glitter," I say looking over the final product. "Agreed," I hear Soos say as he hands me a bucket filled with glitter and I douse the wax figure with glitter. Perfect. "I found my pants but now I'm missing my-AH!" Grunkle Stan shouts when he walks into the room and sees it. I make an eager smile as I ask "What do you think?" "I think...The wax museum's back in business!"

Dipper's p.o.v.

The next day it was heard all over town the wax museum was back in business, I was working the ticket booth with Wendy while (y/n) led people to their seats offering souvenirs to buy from the Mystery Shack. "I can't believe this many people showed up," I exclaim as the next person was led to their seat. "I know right? Your Uncle probably bribed them or something," Wendy jokes as I pull out a twenty-dollar bill. "He bribed me," Wendy pulls out the same and we chuckle before getting back to work.

We heard the mic ring out after a few more minutes and our attention turns to Stan. "You all know me folks, town darlin' Mr. Mystery. Please, ladies, control yourselves. As you know I always bring the people of this fair town novelties and befuddlement as the likes of which the world has never known but enough about me, behold: Me!" Grunkle Stan's voice rings out before showing the wax Stan figure and ta-da music starts to play.

 Few people clapped. "And now a word from our own Mabel-Angelo." "It's Mabel. Thank you for coming! I made this sculpture with my own two hands! It's covered in my blood, sweat, tears, and other fluids," Mabel says and everyone groans in disgust.

"Yeah...I will now take questions! You there!" "Old Man Maguget, local cook. Are the wax figures alive and follow up question can I survive the wax man uprising?" What? "Uh...Yes! Next question." "Toby Determined, Gravit Falls gossiper do you really think this constitutes a wonder of the world?" "Your microphone's a turkey baster Toby," Grunkle Stan points out and I roll my eyes. "It certainly is!" "Next question!" "Shandra Herminez, a real reporter your flyers promised free pizza with admission is this true?" She holds up a flyer, uh oh. People started murmuring. "That was a typo, good night everyone!" Grunkle Stan shouts, disappearing in a cloud of smoke.