Tourist Trapped: Part 6

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

The kids roll their eyes at me and start to head for the back room. Well these two did do something in the span of a day that I couldn't do in five years and they did unknowingly take a huge load off my shoulders so might as well reward them for it and encourage (y/n) to keep moving forward. 

"Uh...Hey!" I shout getting their attention as they turn around. "Wouldn't you know it, I accidentally overstocked some inventory so how's about each of you take one item from the gift shop on the house," I state, and (y/n) and Mabel ask "Really?" "What's the catch?" Dipper asks, skeptically crossing his arms. I don't want them to know the truth, that's (y/n)'s secret to tell so I come up with a quick lie as I put the money away. "The catch is do it before I change my mind, now take something."

 The kids look around before Dipper settles on a blue and white baseball cap with a blue pine tree in the middle of it. "Hm, that outta do the trick," I hear him mutter before Mabel speaks up. "And I will have a...Grappling hook!" Dipper and I give each other a side glance. "Wouldn't you rather have like a doll or something?" She shoots the grappling hook and hangs from a pillar shouting "Grappling hook!" "Fair enough," I shrug, my attention turning to (y/n) who was carefully looking at each item, clearly unsure of what to pick. 

She walks through a few isles when she suddenly stops and backtracks. Bingo. In her hands was a cardboard pin holder holding three silver pins, one had a pine tree on it, one had a shooting star and the final one had a firefly. Taking them out of the cardboard she hands the pine tree one to Dipper and the shooting star one to Mabel. "What's this for?" Dipper asks looking at the pin and she tells him "Because we're friends, plus it matches," She points at his hat before putting the firefly pin on, Dipper putting it on his vest, and Mabel putting her's on her sweater as she exclaimed "Thanks!"

 They all head into the house, I'm gonna have to make sure those kids stay close, it seems to be good for them but if Dipper ends up being (y/n)'s pillar like I predict I'm gonna have to toughen him up so he can be what she needs.

Dipper's p.o.v.

Mabel was jumping on her bed while I added some details to the journal, and (y/n) was rummaging around the bookshelf before hopping onto her bed. This journal told me there was no one in Gravity Falls I could trust but when you battle a hundred gnomes side by side with someone, you realize that they probably always got your back, I write in the journal my attention turning to Mabel and (y/n) when I notice the book she was reading: a mystery book. 

I was right she did like mysteries! "He uh...(y/n)? Do you maybe wanna help me find the authors of the journal? Maybe we can figure out how it's tied to your past and all," I ask sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck as she looks up from her book. "R-really? Uh...Yeah! I'd love to help!"

 She exclaims excitedly and I give her another smile as she marks her place in the book, maybe the Summer with (y/n) won't be so bad after all, I wanna know more about what exactly happened to her too. I turn to Mabel. "Hey, Mabel can you get the light?" "I'm on it," She says, shooting her grappling hook and it shoots out the window, shattering the glass. "It worked!" Mabel shouted and we started to laugh. Our uncle told us there was nothing strange about this town but who knows what other secrets are waiting to be unlocked.