Carpet Diem: Part 4

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

To take my mind off of the disturbing memory I head into the store part of the shack and start cleaning, restocking, just anything that needed to be done when Soos walked in. I turn to see him leaning into the vending machine as he started to lick the glass before leaning to the side. "Soos? What are you doing? Did you want a snack?" I ask him only to receive no answer as he stumbled around the store, soon grabbing a t-shirt and chewing on it.

Wendy then came in and looked around asking "Hey Soos, hey (y/n), what's up? Have either of you seen my-" She cuts herself off when she notices the blank stare Soos was giving her. What the...? "Uh...I'll come back later." "And I'll find something else to do," I mumble as I slowly left the room.

I walk into the hall where Dipper runs past me, still in Mabel's body as he shouts "Grunkle Stan come back! I have more terrible things to do! You're toast, Mabel! That room is as good as mine!" He starts running again when he bumps into Candy and Grenda. "There you are, Mabel!" "Attack her with love!" They start jumping all over before noticing me and quickly drag me and Dipper upstairs.

Mabel chases after us as we're shoved in our room, Grenda blocking the door from Mabel getting in. "Hey! Could I talk to my um sister for a sec?" "This is a sleepover buddy, no boys allowed!" The door slammed shut. "Look, guys, I'm not really in a sleepover mood right now. One of my irrational girl mood swings you know right? Don't we have those?" Dipper says, trying to come up with an excuse to get out of this. "Come on! My mom's age-inappropriate romance novels aren't gonna read themselves," Grenda says, pulling out a familiar book, oh no not that. I had found that in the store and the description was...Adults doing adult stuff. I shudder at the name. "Ooo, Wolfman Bare Chest."

"Really, (y/n) and I should be probably-" Dipper tried again, understanding how unnerving this would be. "Come on you know you love it, or at least you'll love it," Grenda pulls Dipper and me onto the bed, holding us down as she read the book out loud. "My name is Gerard, I'm a werewolf, creature of the night but I'm also a creature of passion."

Mabel's p.o.v.

Grenda slammed the door in my face and I overhear the girl's talk about the age-inappropriate books Grenda promised to bring over last time. I peek through the keyhole and listen to the story, soon gushing at Gerard. "Gerard is just so fierce." "What's going on Dipper?" I hear Grunkle Stan ask, catching me by surprise, causing me to jump back at the door as he realizes what was going on. He slides his hand down his face. "Ah, you're at that creepy age where you spy on girls huh? Guess it's time you and me had a man-to-man talk about the birds and the bees you know?" I frown as I'm dragged off to his office.

He pulls out a book called Why Am I Sweaty? I try to get up and leave. "I...I should really be going-" "No way out of it, look it all begins with this little fella the pituitary gland. He may be little but he has big plans," Grunkle Stan explains as he starts reading the book to me and I scream.

Once he finishes the book he finishes off with "And now you know where babies come from," I began muttering to myself. "Goodbye childhood..." "You know, I find you more likable today more than usual, maybe you could still win that game after all." "Huh?" "I was gonna give that new room to Mabel-" I cut him off, shouting: "No you should! You should give it to Mabel! You big jerk!"

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

"No, you should! You should give it to Mabel! You big jerk!" Dipper shouts at me. Did...did he just talk back to me? I glare at him and ask in a serious tone "What did you say to me?" "Uh...Shut up, old man! You're fat and dumb and you're a dummy and take that!" He throws a few bad comebacks at me before lightly punching my arm. I glance down at the fist in my arm. "Finally standing up to me huh?" I ask before chuckling in relief that my training had been working on him. "I love it! You know I've made up my mind, the room belongs to you: Dipper," I exclaim with a wink, figuring I'd reward him with the room for his improvement.

"You can't! You have to give it to Mabel!" "Shh, you had me at shut up old man," I tell him with a hug, happy that he was finally starting to shape up into the person (y/n) needs.