Land Before Swine: Part 3

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

The others go pack for the trip while (y/n) approaches me with crossed arms and a glare, yeesh she's mad. "Grunkle Stan, you will help us find Waddles or Dipper and I tell her what really happened." "How would you know what happened?" I question her and she points at me stating "Simple, you got angry at him, most likely because he cost you money and tied him at the stake outside! I've lived with you for five years Grunkle Stan, I know you and your tricks."

"Fine, you caught me, I'll help just don't tell Mabel," I sigh out before ruffling her hair stating "I've taught you well kid, I'm proud," I go and help pack. When the kids see me, Dipper asks "Are you coming with us?" "Yeah, let's go save Waggles!" "Waddles," Mabel corrects me and I point at her saying "Him too."

Dipper's p.o.v.

We were pretty much ready to head out, Soos spray painting on the side of his truck: pterodactyl mobile. "Dude that puh-terodactyl won't know what hit him," I give a nervous smile as I correct him. "It's pterodactyl man." "Actually nobody knows how to pronounce it because no one was alive back in dinosaur times," He says, tying a strap underneath his truck, causing it to lurch forward and almost run him over but he had quickly sat up. "Woah! Almost ran over my own head there, hehe...Wow..." I walk over to the girls and lead them out of Soos's earshot. "Girls, this is a really high-stakes mission and I'm a little worried about Soos coming along on this one. I love the guy but sometimes he messes stuff up."

"What? Since when?" Mabel asks and (y/n) chimes in, "He can be extremely clumsy like when he shattered the purple mystic ball, failed to put in a new window, he even squashed that fairy we saw this morning," Mabel nods in agreement telling me "Let him down easy," I walk over to tell him the bad news but he started talking to me first.

"This is so great! You and me bro, best friends, fighting and potentially high-fiving dinosaurs." "Soos look, I uh...Gotta tell you something-" He cuts me off, handing me a shirt stating "Okay but before you do, check out these matching shirts I made for us, who's this guy right here? You, it's totally you dude, and these's rays indicate friendship. I've got one more for (y/n), mind giving it to her?"

He had given me a white shirt that was written and drawn on in red marker, it read: pterodactyl bros! It showed a pterodactyl along with (y/n), me, and Soos surrounded by rays and I frown. "So what was it you were gonna tell me again?" I couldn't find myself to tell him. "Uh...pterodactyl here we come!" "Yes!" We get in the truck and I sigh, (y/n) soon whispering "What happened?" "I...I couldn't do it, he made these for us," I hand her, her shirt as we followed the trail, Soos shouting "Bros before dinos!"

The yarn leads to a run-down old church and we all head inside. "Ok, the red yarn leads to...Old Man Mauguget?" Mabel asks as we approach Maguget who was playing the banjo. "Howdy friends!" "What are you doing out here?" I ask him, quick to get a reply. "You'll never believe me, so I was doing my hourly hooten nanny when this enormous wingity critter stole my musical spoons and flew lickity split into the abandoned mines down yonder," We look down the dark hole where the red yarn went down. "Looks kinda hairy down there," Grunkle Stan comments as my sister gives him a reassuring pat. "Come on Grunkle Stan, you can handle it, you punched a pterodactyl in the face remember?"

"Oh yeah, I did do that didn't I?" Grunkle Stan asks nervously before chuckling nervously, Maguget pointing it out. "My, what suspicious laughter." "Guys, we're going in," Mabel says as we pull out some rope to head down. "Need someone to come along to tell weird personal stories?" Grunkle Stan shuts the idea down. "No thanks."

Didn't matter though because he came along with us anyway. "So there I am fighting a raccoon for the same piece of meat when our mouths get close and we kiss accidentally." "You can't take a hint can you?" Grunkle Stan asks with an annoyed sigh. "Nope," Suddenly the rope snaps, and we all fall with a scream, soon landing on a giant mushroom.

I get up and start to look around the prehistoric plants that we're growing around the entrance, there were even a few geysers. "These plants look all jurrassicey," (y/n) stated, looking at a flower while Soos stepped too close to one and got sprayed with its pollen. "Ha! This little fella smells like battery acid- ugh, looks like I lost my sense of smell,"  While we traveled deeper into the mine, my sister continued to stare at her selfie with Waddles mumbling about how we were gonna find him.

Suddenly a T-Rex's face came into view and I stumbled back as we all screamed. We stop when we realize that the dinosaur was frozen in sap, when we looked around some more we noticed more and more dinosaurs frozen in sap.