Bottomless Pit: Part 5

Mabel's p.o.v.

The car continues to swerve around the road as Grunkle Stan leaned back in his chair, giving tips to the bear. "And the yellow light means speed up," Suddenly we hear police sirens approaching and the car comes to a stop as the officers walk up. "What seems to be the problem officers?" "Now there'd better be a darned good explanation for this," Officer Blubs warns. "Oh, there is! You see I'm a very old man, not long for this Earth and the doctor has assigned me a seeing eye bear to drive me to the hospital in case of emergencies."

Grunkle Stan lies and the smile on my face turned into a frown as I felt a pit in my stomach from the lie. "Is that right? Then where's your doctor's note?" "Why here, inside my jacket, there you go," Grunkle Stan says handing him a handwritten doctor's note.

"Well, I can't argue with Dr. Medicine." "To the hospital Mr. Honeypants!" Grunkle Stan shouts and the bear lets out a shriek as he speeds off. On the whole drive home I had been thinking about how much Grunkle Stan has lied and it hadn't sat right with me so after we got home, I found him spray-painting rocks to look like gold nuggets and I ask "Grunkle Stan how could you lie to those policemen, don't you know that lying is always wrong?"

"Mabel when you get to being my age, you learn that sometimes you have to bend the truth for the greater good," Grunkle Stan tells me before pulling out a plate of spaghetti from last night. (y/n) had made dinner, she said the spaghetti was her Gram's recipe and was a Pines family favorite which was proven when Grunkle Stan and I had asked for seconds, thirds, and fourths.

Dipper had missed dinner that night because he had stayed up late the night before so he had gone to bed early, (y/n) the sweetheart she is, saved him a plate. Dipper walks in asking "Hey has anyone seen my plate of spaghetti (y/n) saved for me? It wasn't in the fridge." "No, but I bet Soos has! You know how he likes to eat."

Grunkle Stan tells him, hiding the plate behind his back. "This is a dark day...Thanks, Grunkle Stan!" I place my hands on my hips and glared at Stan as he patted his stomach stating "See? Greater good," I storm up to our room in anger. I lay in my bed, hoisting Waddles up with my feet as I tried thinking of ways to get Grunkle Stan to stop lying. "Waddles? What am I gonna do about Grunkle Stan?" I make his lips move and say in a deep voice "He needs to stop lying." "I know but how do we stop him?" "Maybe you should check Dipper and (y/n)'s journal oink, oink." "Say oink one more time." "Oink, oink!" "Waddles you genius!"

Grabbing the mysterious journal my brother, and (y/n) found almost a month ago, I flip through the pages to see if there was anything that could fix Grunkle Stan's lying problem. "Buried beneath a tree stump in the deep forest are truth teeth which force upon the wearer an inability to lie," I read out loud and hum in thought.

It had taken hours to actually find the teeth but later that night I take away Grunkle Stan's teeth before placing the golden teeth in his mouth. Deciding I would test them, I grab his nose so he would be forced awake. "Ugh! What's going on?! What? Mabel?" "Quick question: What happened to Dipper's spaghetti plate?" "I ate it, cuz I have little concern for people's possessions or emotions...Huh, that was strangely candid...Almost as if I'm unable to lie...Well, good night!" He tells me before rolling on his side and going back to sleep. I smile, they worked!

The next day while we were waiting for Grunkle Stan to finish making breakfast I whispered to Dipper and (y/n) what I had done. "You what?!" (y/n) whispered back in shock as Dipper told me "That seems like a horrible idea!" "It's great! Now he has to tell the truth," I point out and the two give each other a concerned look. "Scrambled meat, here it is," We hear Grunkle Stan say as he walked over with breakfast.

"Stan? What do you do in secret every day during your lunch break?" Dipper asks and once again he tells the truth. "Usually I spend the hour aggressively scratching myself in places I shouldn't mention. Now I'm going to avoid eye contact by pretending to read those newspapers and go to the bathroom without washing my hands."

He walks off and we three grimace in disgust. "Well that was disturbing," (y/n) muttered and I shake it off. "Don't worry (y/n), the truth is always a good thing," The two share another concerned look.

Author: I FINALLY GRADUATED FROM THAT HELL HOLE AND NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK OR DEAL WITH THEIR STUPID DECISIONS! They thought it would be a good idea to hold graduation outside, in the cold where it would be raining most of the day. Idiots. I don't have photos of me wearing my graduation robes yet but I do have the back of my hat so enjoy:

 I don't have photos of me wearing my graduation robes yet but I do have the back of my hat so enjoy:

And also: CONGRATULATIONS MY FELLOW GRADUATES OF 2021!