Double Dipper: Part 1

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

We were decorating the Mystery Shack for the party I was hosting tonight, Soos putting party hats wherever he could put them, Wendy blowing balloons, and the kids were well...Being annoying. "Oh no, Mabel...I don't feel so good I- BLARGH!" He shoots silly string at his sister. "Grunkle Stan what did you feed us?! BLARGH!" She shoots silly string back at him. They start shooting at each other. Like I said: annoying. Wendy walks over to them stating "Guys, guys, stop! Something terrible just happened!"

The two stop spraying silly string at each other to look at her when (y/n) jumps out from behind her and the two start spraying silly string at them making barfing noises. The four of them continue to mess with the party supplies, only irritating me further. That's it! I take away the party supplies, telling them "Alright, alright! Party supplies are now off-limits." "Hey, Mr. Pines who's birthday is it again?"

 Soos suddenly asks me, my eyes shift to (y/n) our resident birthday girl, she never liked having her birthday be made a big deal so when her birthday came I'd never specified the party was for her. "Nobodies, thought this party might be a good way to spend money at the shack." "Nice!" "The young people in this town want fun, I'll smother 'em with fun!" I exclaim, my attention turning to Dipper when he spoke while pouring a cup of soda for him, his sister, and (y/n).

"Maybe comments like that are why kids don't come to the Mystery Shack," I grab the bottle of soda outta his hand and put the cap on. "Hey, hey! How's about you make yourself useful and copy these flyers?" I hand over pink flyers that read in bold letters PARTY at the Mystery Shack! Kids and teenagers welcome. FREE?

"Oh boy a trip to the copier store!" Mabel exclaims, Soos soon chiming in with "Calendars, mugs, t-shirts, and more! They got it all at the copier store! That's not their slogan, I just really feel that way about the copier store," I speak up. "Save the trouble, you know the old copier in my office? I finally fixed the ol' girl up! Good as new!" The kids head upstairs to print the flyers while I had Wendy and Soos continue to decorate the place.

Dipper's p.o.v.

(y/n), Mabel, and I walk into the office and look around to spot the copier under a sheet. I move away the sheet to show the busted-up copier, are we sure Grunkle Stan actually fixed it? "Butterflies!" Mabel exclaims watching the moths fly around the dusty old piece of junk. I open it and look at it asking "Does it even work?" I rest my arm on the copier and press a button and we watch as it glows green a line tracing over my arm, in a panic I move my arm out of the way. We watch as a paper rolls out with an image of my arm. (y/n) walks over and grabs the paper, looking it over before looking at us saying "Success!" Suddenly the page starts to move and she drops it and we all watch as the picture of my arm comes to life!

It starts moving towards (y/n) and I quickly run in front of her shouting "Stay back!" I throw my cup of soda at it and watch as it melts into mush. "Oh my gosh, girls! I think this copier can copy human beings!" "Do you realize what this means?!" Mabel asks and we look at her. "BLARGH!" She shoots silly string in our faces...Of course.

Once we got flyers copied we head downstairs to hear our assignments. "Alright, party people. And Dipper," Grunkle Stan says to get our attention, causing me to frown. "Let's talk business, Soos because you work for free and you begged, I'm letting you be DJ." "You won't regret it, Mr. Pines. I got this book to teach me how to DJ R-R-R-R-ight!" "Not encouraging. Wendy, you, Mabel, and (y/n) will be working the ticket stand and the door." "What?!" Mabel shouts in disbelief. "But Grunkle Stan this party is my chance to make new friends!" I raise my hand and say "I can work with Wendy and (y/n)." 

"You realize if you do, you gotta commit to staying at the ticket stand with those two. No getting outta it. Just the three of you alone all night," Grunkle Stan tells me and I look over at Wendy and (y/n) who were drawing on Soos's stomach with the silly string while laughing and I smile. "I promise," We were finally given time to get ready for the party and I go upstairs and put on my bow tie, and just clean myself up in general.

I look back in the mirror to see Mabel staring at me and I yelp. "What?" I ask as she pretends to stutter while doing an impersonation of me. "Uh...Uh...I can work the counter with you, Wendy! Let's kiss!" She starts making kissing noises while I turn back to the mirror stating:

"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want but tonight I'm going to try and get closer to (y/n)," This stops Mabel in her tracks as she turns to me with a shocked face. "Did I hear you correctly? Did you say you were gonna get closer to (y/n) and not Wendy?" "Yep," I confirm and she gives me an over-excited smile before hugging me with a squeal. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! You do have a crush on (y/n)!" My cheeks go pink as I scoff. "N-no that's not it, it's just that we've spent so much time together and I feel like I hardly know anything about her is all and I'm gonna fix that tonight." "Whatever you say Dipping Sauce," Mabel says, punching my arm lightly as I tell her. 

"Oh don't worry, I've devised a plan so my night with (y/n) goes perfect," I click my tongue as I give myself a wink with a finger gun. Mabel once again stops in her tracks as she gives me an exasperated look asking "Plan? Oh, you're not making one of those overcomplicated listy things are you?" "Pfft- Overcomplicated? Let me just...Unfold that there...Okay..." I pull out a small piece of paper and start unfolding the list, Mabel sitting down with a sigh as I tell her:

 "Step one: Getting to know each other with playful banter. Banter is like talking but smarter," My sister rolls her eyes at me as she grumbles "That sounds like a dumb idea for poop heads." "Yeah see this isn't banter, this is what I want to avoid with (y/n). The final step is to ask her to dance," I say imagining the dancing scenario as romantic jazz music played in the background. "Oh Dipper! I'm so happy you decided to work the ticket stand with me. You're so organized, show me that checklist again!" I pull out the checklist and (y/n) swoons. 

I pull myself out of the daydream without realizing some would consider it a romantic fantasy. "If I follow steps one through eleven, nothing can get in my way!" I feel my list being tugged and look down to see Mabel looking at it as she tells me "Dipper, you're the one getting in your way, why can't you just walk up and talk to her like a normal person like you usually do?" "Step nine sister," I point at the specific step and she rolls her eyes with a groan.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

I help finish the preparations for the party when suddenly Mabel grabs my arm and pulls me upstairs. "C'mon (y/n) we gotta get ready for the party!" She tells me. "M-Mabel! I was just gonna wear what I usually wear," I tell her as we enter the room and she gives me a look before wagging her finger in my face. "No, no, no, no, no, not on my watch girl! We will shine tonight!" She starts digging around in the wardrobe throwing out any clothes she doesn't like on the floor and the clothes she does like on her bed.  

"Seriously Mabel, I don't mind helping you get ready but I'm fine with what I'm wearing now," I tell her but she just ignores me as she continues to pull out clothes before trying them on. I finish tying the red bow on her head and step back stating "There, all done," She had gone with an orange tank top, a magenta sweater, a yellow skirt, yellow legging with her usual flats, and a red ribbon in her hair. "I look amazing! Alright (y/n) it's your turn!" Oh no.