Gravity Falls Shorts: Mailbox

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

I adjust the camera as I set it on the stump before running over next to Dipper as he gives the intro. "Welcome to Dipper and (y/n)'s guide to the unexplained. Anomaly #54: The mailbox," He holds up the cardboard before grabbing the camera to point at the said mailbox. "There it is. In the middle of the forest, no house, no address..." I explain.

"Today us and our team of expert," Soos walks into view of the camera with a wave. "Sup?" "We're gonna put a letter in and see who picks it up." "My letter poses a salient question: 'Sup dawg?" Soos says, showing his letter before putting it in the mailbox. "Now, we're gonna hide behind a bush and wait for some-" I start to say when the mailbox shakes and the red flag raises, making a scraping sound. "Did you see that?" Soos asks and Dipper gestures for Soos to hold the camera before rushing up to me and the mailbox.

"Should we open it?" "Of course we should! This could be a ghost or something else!" I tell him excitedly. "Ok, ok," Dipper hesitantly opens it to find an old letter that responded to Soos's letter. "What?!" We both ask in unison, Soos chiming in with "That's not our letter dude!" "It says..." Dipper gasps so I read it out loud, soon showing the camera. "Hello, Dipper, (y/n) and Soos." "It knows our names!" Dipper exclaims in shock before I ask "What if it's all-knowing? We've gotta test this," Dipper nods as he rushes to get more paper and pencils.

I write the next letter asking what did Soos shave into the back of his head this morning? I put it in the mailbox and again it shakes the red flag raising with a complaint again. I read the letter. "A baby duck holding a paddleball," Soos hands the camera to Dipper as he rushes to me, taking his cap off, showing the back of his head as he stated "Dudes! It knew!" "What?!" "Ask it more questions!"

This time Dipper wanted to ask the mailbox a question. "When is the end of the world?" The mailbox responds. "Three-thousand and twelve. Huh...We got a while," (LIES! It ended in 2019-2020) "Who's my dream woman?" Soos asked a received a picture of a masculine woman. "Woah...Hot tamales! Save that one for the archives."

It was now my turn to ask a question though I didn't know what to ask, at least that's what the boys think. The question I wanted to ask was if I'd ever tell Dipper how I felt...If he'd reject me or accept me and how? But I didn't want to do that while we were recording. The boys were offering ideas when Dipper's eyes widen and he shouts "Who wrote Journal number 3? Who took care of you? What happened to them? And what happened to you?" "That's perfect! We're finally gonna get the answer to the greatest mystery of Gravity Falls," I say happily as I quickly write the questions down.

But before I put the letters in Mabel walks up with a package. "Nifty a mailbox! I've been meaning to mail Mom this video of me sticking a hundred gummy worms up my nose." "What? No, wait!" We try to stop her but it was too late.

The mailbox responds. "Your gummy worm video has disturbed and insulted me. You fools are unworthy of my great knowledge. The era of human enlightenment shall never come to pass..." I give Mabel a frown and so does Dipper when the mailbox starts to glow blue, crumpling in on itself before disappearing in a flash. "You dudes ok?" Soos asks as we all get up covered in scorch marks. Looks like I won't know the answer to the first few questions I wanted to ask.

I turn to see the camera was somehow untouched and still recording. "Well uh...That concludes Dipper and (y/n)'s guide to the unexplained. Where we learned when dealing with the unknown do not mail videos of you shoving gummy worms up your nose!" "There's more where that came from...Into my nose, into my nose!" "No, no! Show over. Show over!" Dipper shouts, covering the camera lens.