Irrational Treasure: Part 2

Dipper's p.ov.

That's when it hit me and I pull out the journal stating "Wait a minute! I think I've read something about Pacifica's great grandfather before...Of course! Oh, this is perfect," I say as I flip to the right page and the girls lean in as I read out loud in an old guy's voice. "In our investigations...Should I do the voice?" Both the girls wince before shaking their heads no. "Meh, I'll just read normal. In our investigations, we recently made a discovery: Nathanial Northwest may not be the founder of Gravity Falls."

The girls gasp before I continue to read the handwriting, soon pulling out the clue taped to the page. "We believe the proof of this secret is buried somewhere on the enclosed document. If only we could crack the code," Setting the journal aside I open up the clue, it has a bunch of drawings and symbols, the main one being a triangle in the middle with an eye at the top, a bunch of inscriptions underneath the eye. "If this cover-up is true, this means Pacifica's whole family is a fraud! This could be a major conspiracy!"

 (y/n) exclaims looking over the clue as Mabel's eyes widen as she asked "Really?" "(y/n) come on! We gotta investigate this!" I say, getting up as she nods when I feel Mabel grab my shoulder. "Wait! I'm coming with you. Conspiracies are serious right?" "Oh definitely," I tell her with a nod. "Well if I help you crack this code then nobody could call me silly again!"

Mabel's p.o.v.

"Yeah!" My brother and his BFF cheer before he holds out a fist for a fist bump asking "Mystery Trio?" "I thought you hated that?" (y/n) asks with a slight grin and he shrugs. "I'm starting to accept it," We fist bump and race toward the library, I was eating butterscotch the whole way. 

"Alright, girls if we can prove that Nathaniel Northwest wasn't the real founder of Gravity Falls then we can finally put Pacifica in her place." "And solving a mystery will prove I'm not silly! I'm serious...Serious..." I exclaim looking hard at a book, bending my head down to lick a few butterscotch pieces in my mouth. 

"We just need to crack the code..." (y/n) trails off looking at the clue before turning on the projector as she and Dipper looked through ancient depictions. I repress a giggle as I watch the two, they were so adorable when they worked together! One way or another by the end of the Summer I will get those two hooked up, they would make such a cute couple! "Not Egyptian...Not numerology...It's not- wait of course! The triangle is the alchemist symbol for flame! Lighting the parchment on fire will reveal the secret message!" Dipper soon explains and I nod my head in agreement stating:

"It's so obvious!" (y/n) goes to fetch a candle to burn the parchment up which I take and fold it into a hat. A minute later, (y/n) comes back with the candle and hands it to Dipper. "Okay, let's just light this sucker up and...Mabel!" 

"Mwop, mwop! I just made a hat! Ugh! I just did something silly again!" I complain, soon blowing a raspberry, Dipper inspecting the hat. "Wait, Mabel...You folded it into a map!" Dipper exclaims, holding the candle up to show the map before he grumbles "And I was gonna burn it," (y/n) facepalms herself when we hear Officer Blubs.

"We're on the lookout for three kids who might be reading." "We're hunting them down for secret reasons!" Deputy Durland chimes in before ringing his bell and we take cover under the table. "I suggest we take this elsewhere," (y/n) whispers and I take off the hat stating "This map should lead us too..." 

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"The Gravity Falls Museum of History," I exclaim, gesturing toward the building, since I live here I was our guide around the town. "You realize what this means girls...We're gonna have to break in..." Dipper trails off in a serious tone and I puff out my cheeks from the sudden urge to laugh. Just what? I let out a chuckle as I give him an amused look. "What? N-No! Guys, it's Pioneer Day which means it's free to go into the museum," I explain as we walk in and met by a kind lady who gave us our free pass stickers and each of us a balloon. 

"And those are your free Pioneer Day passes and your balloons, blue, pink, and white. "We're in," Dipper whispers in the same serious tone he had outside, and I chuckle again why was that adorable in a funny way? "What are we gonna do next? Steal Thomas Jefferson's ribcage?" Mabel asks as we look around and Dipper grimaces. "Ew, what? No! According to the map, the next clue about the real town founder should be right...Here!"

We look at a triangle image that was abstract and look at it in confusion, Dipper soon whispering to us. "We have to figure this one out quick, I have a feeling those cops weren't at the library to check out books."

"I don't think the one with the bell can read," Mabel whispers back as I nod before I turn our attention back to the abstract art asking "So what is it anyway?" After a few moments, Mabel sits down and changes her position before muttering "Hey painting! Be less stupid! It worked!" We hear her say and we look to see she was looking upside down and we join her.

Once we were upside down we saw what the picture actually was: An upside-down sculpture of an angel pointing in a direction. "Wait! It's not abstract, it's upside down!" Dipper says and Mabel chimes in. "I think I've seen that statue in the cemetery." "Let's go quick!" We all go right side up and go running out but stop when our heads hurt and we felt woozy. Got up to fast... When we get to the entrance we see Blubs and Durland talking to the staff soo we quickly run past them and out of the museum, both getting stuck in the door giving us the perfect chance to escape.