Irrational Treasure: Part 5

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"And so are you, dear girl! For following my clues and freeing me from my delicious tomb!" Trembley says and I grab Mabel's shoulder nodding as I said "He's right Mabel, making maps into hats, hanging upside down...Your silliness solved a code that serious cops couldn't crack in a hundred years!" Her face flushes in embarrassment as she rubbed her arm saying "Oh stop it..." "By Jefferson! We seemed to be trapped in some sort of crate-shaped box!" Trembley said, examining his surroundings.

"It's a crate Mr. President," Mabel corrected him and he pulled out a key stating "Good thing I have the President's key which can open any lock in America!" He walks over to a wall and tries putting the key in a keyhole that doesn't exist. "I don't think that's gonna work..." Dipper points out and Trembley squints at the wooden boards muttering:

"Wood! My age-old enemy...In order to get out of here, this is going to take the silliest plan ever conceived!" " I think I know who can help you," Dipper says as we look over at Mabel who starts thinking, soon looking around the crate and spotting a hole. "How about that hole?" "We will leap through it!" The two jump at the hole, shoving a finger through it. "Almost there! Good...Keep pushing!"

"I'm not sure this is working..." I trail off with an unsure look, Mabel telling me "Trust the silliness!" I let out a sigh when we heard a woodpecker, how did a woodpecker get on the train? "Is that my third wife? Sandy?" Trembley asked and a board fell before the crate fell apart. "Well we didn't fit through the hole, lets rebuild the box and try again!" Dipper picks up the article that told the truth and shoved it into his vest stating "We gotta get outta here!" "Also good!" We run into the next car where we find Deputy Durland getting ice when he sees us.

"Blubs!" He shouts when he sees us, dropping his bucket full of ice. Slamming the door we run the other way to find a ladder that leads to the roof of the car, Trembley once again trying to use the President's key to open the hatch. "Give me that!" Dipper shouts, grabbing the key as we head up and run down the train, Blubs and Durland hot on our trail.

We reach the end of the train and turn around to face the cops. "There is...No escape! Let me...I gotta take a knee..." Blubs huffs out as Durland asks "Are you ok? Can I get you anything?" "Edwin Durland you are a diamond in the rough!" If we weren't in a dangerous situation right now I'd awe at how they're such a cute couple. "Blubs do you really wanna lock us up in a government facility somewhere?!" Dipper shouts.

Dipper's p.o.v.

"I got no choice! Our orders come from the very top!" He shouts back to me, that means they were ordered to do this by the President? My gaze turns to Trembley, wait did he ever sign out of office?

"Quentin! Did you ever sign an official resignation?" I ask and he shakes his head no. "No sir, I ate a salamander and jumped out the window!" "Then technically you're still legally the President of the United States right?!" I ask, (y/n) soon catching on to what I was getting at as she exclaimed:

"Yeah! Which means you gotta answer to this guy now!" She points at Trembly the two cops giving each other a confused look. "As President of the several United States, I hereby order you to pretend none of this ever happened! And go on a delightful vacation!" Trembly orders the two before he was hit upside the head with a sign. Ouch. "Vacation? What place have you always wanted to visit? One...Two..." "Silly Water Fun Slides in Grand Lakes Michigan!" The two said in unison.