Double Dipper: Part 4

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

I look at Dipper while raising my eyebrow at him. Why did he word it like that? Before I could ask him about it, Soos's voice rings out. "Now we're gonna bring it down for a minute! Ladies, dudes, now's the time," One of my favorite slow dance songs starts playing and everyone starts to pair up as I exclaim "Aw snap, I love this song," I close my eyes and start swaying my body to the beat unaware of the nervous small smile Dipper was giving me when Mabel ran up to the couch.

Dipper's p.o.v.

(y/n) starts swaying to the beat of the song and I give her a nervous small smile, I can do this. I open my mouth to ask her if she wanted to dance when Mabel came running up. "Hey, doofus now's your chance to ask (y/n) to-" I slap my hand over her mouth and drag her away from the couch. "Now's your chance to ask (y/n) to dance," She tells me and I pull out my plan. "Come on go!" Mabel shouts pushing the plan back into my vest before pushing me toward the couch.

 "I uh..." I look back at (y/n), she was still swaying her body as she hummed along to the tune. I...I can't! "I'll be right back!" I say as I run upstairs my sister facepalming with a disappointed sigh. In our room, I was pacing with Tyrone. "Oh, I agree you can't just go and dance with her." "The dance floor is a minefield Tyrone, a minefield!" "What if there's a glitch in the sound system?" "Stan might get in the way."

"Robbie might come back!" "There are too many variables! We need help," So we made clone after clone after clone and we kept revising the plan. I tap on a lamp to get everyone's attention. "Alright Dipper's gather around. Now's the time, you all clear on what to do?" They nod and the plan is set in motion.

I look at my watch, Dipper 10 should be distracting Soos with the glowing dot and putting in the CD with a specialized mix, then Dipper 7 should be changing the lighting to the perfect color, Dipper 5 will be closing all the blinds so nothing distracting happens, Dipper 8 should be distracting Grunkle Stan with money and Dipper 6 should be signaling us any- The little bell rings. "There's your cue, it's the perfect moment to ask (y/n) to dance good luck me," Tyrone says and I pat the pocket with a plan stating "I don't need luck, I have a plan," I head downstairs to the dance floor and gasp when I see (y/n) leaning on the wall near the bathroom. 

"Oh hey Dip, what's up?" She asks. "W-what are you doing here? I mean wouldn't you rather be on the dance floor in like exactly 42 seconds?" I ask as I walk up as she gives me a look. "I'm just waiting for the bathroom..." "Um ok...Small talk, small talk!" I whisper pulling out the plan. 

"So hey Wendy came back earlier and asked me this: say everyone at this party gets stuck on a desert island who do you think the leader would be?" "I uh..." "I went with this lunatic," She points to a short sweaty man as he aggressively punched the air. 

I chuckle, shoving the plan in my pocket, and point at a tall guy doing the moonwalk. "I'd probably go for stretch over there uh...Because tall people can reach coconuts," She lets out a laugh...Adorable, I can't help but smile. "Speaking of wanna see something?" She pulls out her wallet and pulls out a photo and shows it to me.

"This was last year's party, we went with a random theme, Soos went as a fish, Wendy as a princess, Stan a murder, and me..." She lifts her thumb from the photo that was covering her in the photo. "I was the murder victim," I look at the photo again Grunkle Stan was pretending to stab her while she "acted" dramatically yet the expression on her face made her look bored. I can't help but laugh as I exclaim "You look like a freak!" I slap my hand over my mouth, why did I say that?! 

(y/n) gives me an amused smile as she puts away her wallet saying "Yep." "You know kids used to make fun of my birthmark before I started hiding it all the time," I tell her rubbing the back of my neck. "Birthmark?" She asks as she looks at me and my face heats up. "Uh no, it's nothing I uh...Why did I say that?!" "No way...Now you have to show me! Please? Come on show me! Show me!" She exclaims excitedly and I down my soda before handing it to her as I take my hat off and push my hair to the side to show the birthmark.

Her eyes widen. "The Big Dipper! That's how you got your nickname, that makes sense. We all just thought your parents hated you or somethin'. Hey, I guess we're both freaks," She tells me with a smile, handing my drink back as we clink cups when the bathroom door opens.

"Wait here?" She asks me and I nod. "Of course!" That went really well! My grin grows wider as it sinks in that she didn't make fun of me because of my birthmark and soon I realize just how happy I was when I hear Tyrone. "Hey! What are you doing up here?! Number 10 has been distracting Soos for 15 minutes, he's gonna get tired of that dot eventually." "Never!" We hear him shout. "You won't believe it guys, I bumped into (y/n) accidentally and things are actually going great!" I explain, Tyrone, rolling his eyes as all the Dipper's pull out the plan. "That's nice, but not the plan! Do we have to remind you?" They start listing off the steps and I wince. Ok, now I see what Mabel meant when she told this was a bad idea earlier. 

"Oh man, you guys sound crazy, look maybe we don't need the plan anymore you know? Maybe I can just go talk to her like a normal person like I usually do?"  All the Dipper's gasp. "If you're not gonna stick to the plan, maybe you shouldn't be the Dipper to dance with (y/n)," Number 5 pointed out, making the rest mumble at each other. I cross my arms and squint at them. "Guys come on, we said we weren't gonna turn on each other." 

"I think we all knew we were lying," Tyrone pointed out as the Dipper's started dragging me back upstairs and I was thrown in the closet. "Ah! I can't breathe in here!" "Yeah, you can! Plus there's snacks and a coloring book in there for you!" Dang, it! I sit down and eat the cheese and crackers while I thought of a way to escape, the party was going to end within the next few hours. "Okay so now that original Dipper or Dipper classic is no longer fit for it, I nominate myself to dance with (y/n) instead."

I overhear Tyrone tell the others and I press my ear up against the door, they can't do that! I'm supposed to dance with her! Me! Not them! "I've been around the longest so it should be me, right? I mean logically, logically guys." "Fair point, fair point. Counterpoint maybe I should get to dance with (y/n) because I've been around her the least." I crack open the door to see it was Number 10 who said that, they start to fight. " That makes like zero sense." "You make zero sense!" "Watch it!" "Don't shove people!" While they were distracted I snuck out of the closet while they dealt with paper jam Dipper. 

I race down the stairs and make it to the balcony over the party and see (y/n) searching the room and asking people something, she must be looking for me! "(y/-" I start to shout when I'm suddenly pulled back into the hall and face the other Dippers. "Come on man you're overpowered," Tyrone informs me, I gotta think fast. "Come on guys, think about it, we're exact equals mentally and physically if we start fighting it'll just go on for infinity," I point out causing all the Dippers to start thinking before I uppercut Tyrone and one clone shouts "Clone fight!" All the Dippers start to fight as I grab a blank sticky note, draw a seven and cover the pine tree on my hat and try to sneak away. "Hey, classic Dipper's getting away!"