Scary-Oke: Part 2

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"My name is agent Powers and this is agent Trigger. We're here to investigate reports of mysterious activity in this town," Powers explains and I almost scoffed. If they want real mysteries to walk into the forests. "Mysterious activity," Trigger reiterates. "Mysterious activity? In a Mystery Shack? You gotta be jokin'!" Grunkle Stan laughs when Powers tells us about his rare disorder. "I assure you I am not. I was born with a rare disorder that makes me physically incapable of experiencing humor."

What? Grunkle Stan nervously laughs but quiets down when the agents don't join in. "I don't understand that sound your making with your mouth. Now if you'll excuse us, we're conducting an investigation," The two barge in Trigger shoving a finger into Grunkle Stan's chest once again reiterating "Investigation."

"Wait, wait! Did you guys say you were investigating the mysteries of this town?" Dipper asks excitement laced in his voice while I stared worriedly at the agents, something about them just sets off an alarm deep inside me as if I knew there was a very good reason to prevent them from searching the shack or this town. Powers gets to Dipper's level stating "That information is classified but yes. Look between you and me I believe there's a conspiracy of paranormal origin all connected to this town. We're just one small lead away from blowing the lid off this entire mystery."

Dipper gets more excited as he starts blabbering on about the journal to them. My eyes widen and again every fiber of my being screams to stop Dipper from telling them anything. "Are you kidding me? (y/n) and I have been investigating the exact same thing! W-we found this journal in the woods which has almost all the answers. If we work together we could crack the case!" Dipper spills out before I could cover his mouth while the two gave each other a look. "If you have evidence of these claims we should talk," We're handed Power's card. "We can talk right now, please, please come in!" He says after pulling my hand off of his mouth and I whisper shout "Dipper!" 

Before I could tell him this was a bad idea Grunkle Stan thankfully jumps in exclaiming "I'm sorry agents, the kid has an overactive imagination and like a sweating problem." "Haha, zing!" Mabel chimes in with a laugh before Stan continues. "Paranormal town stuff is just part of gift shop lore, sells more tickets you know," Grunkle Stan snaps, and Soos hands merchandise to them.

"We have other spots to investigate, we'll be on our way," Trigger takes a bunch of the Grunkle Stan bobbleheads. "We'll be confiscating this for evidence." "Smart move," The two leave, and Dipper starts to run after them shouting "No wait! We have so much to talk about," Grunkle Stan grabs him before he could leave. "Hold it kiddo. Trust me the last thing you want around a party is the cops. I'm confiscating that card. Now, how's about you be a normal kid. Flirt and go on a date with (y/n) or go steal a pie off a window sill." "But Grunkle Stan you don't understand!" "And don't go talking to those agents!"

Grunkle Stan leaves and I take a sigh of relief. I wonder why those two agents made me so nervous at the thought of them poking around the shack? "Ugh, (y/n) that could've been our big break," He pulls out the journal but before he could do anything Mabel takes it away from him stating "Bro, maybe Grunkle Stan is right. We're throwing a party tonight, can't you go one night without searching for aliens or raising the dead or whatever?" She asks flipping to the page that talks about zombies. "I'm not gonna raise the dead, I just need a chance to show those agents our book." "Dipper I don't think it's a good idea to show those agents the journal."

"What? Why?" "I don't know I just really don't like the idea of them poking around here and besides I was hoping we could spend some time together tonight," I tell him, my cheeks soon flushing pink and so does his. "U-uh..." "Trust me Dipper the only book you'll be needing tonight is right here. Boop," Mabel cuts in before Dipper could form a response.