Tourist Trapped: Part 5

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

We look behind us to see the gnomes had formed into one giant gnome. "Dang..." Mabel mutters as the thing roars and Mabel tells her brother to move. We speed off before a fist could hit us, Jeff shouting "Come back with our queen!" "It's getting closer!" I shout, Dipper making the cart go faster and I hold on tightly, a few gnomes flying through the air toward us. One starts dangling from the roof and Mabel punches him off. Another one jumps on the back of the seat and goes to bite Dipper when I grab it, reach up and slam its face against the horn before throwing him off.

Another gnome came and attacked, jumping on Dipper's face and I quickly grab the steering wheel as Mabel shouted "I'll save you Dipper!" She started punching him in the face until the gnome flew off, taking Dipper's hat with him. "Thanks, Mabel..." "Don't mention it," The monster throws a tree to block our path and I quickly hop upfront and push Dipper in the back as I take control of the cart.

 You know hanging out with teenagers who drive this thing to its limit in dangerous ways might just be a good thing. "Look out!" Mabel shouts and I make the cart tilt on its wheels as we slide underneath the tree and once the cart was back on its wheels it started to spin until I forced it to skid to a stop in front of the Mystery Shack.

Dipper's p.o.v.

My head was spinning as we all wobbly stepped out of the cart as the gnome giant approached us. "Stay back man!" I warn, throwing the shovel at it which only broke and the monster let out another roar.

"Uh...Where's Grunkle Stan?" I ask after we all come together in a group hug while screaming. Slowly we start backing up into the house, Jeff stating "It's the end of the line kids. Mabel, marry us before we do something crazy!" "There's gotta be a way outta this..." I mumble, pulling out the journal, hoping to find a clue. 

"I gotta do it," Mabel suddenly says, stepping closer to the gnomes and I pull her back whisper shouting to her "What?! Mabel, don't do this! Are you crazy?!" "Trust me," She says, and my eyebrows knit together as I ask "What?" "Dipper, just this once trust me," She whispers to me and I give her an unsure look when I feel (y/n) pull me back and I look at her with the same face and she gives me a nod, I look back at the gnomes before looking at my sister and giver her a nod as I step back with (y/n).

 "Alright Jeff, I'll marry you," Mabel says, approaching the monster. "Hot dawg! Help me down there Jason, Andy, up there we go, watch those fingers, Mike," We hear Jeff exclaim as he climbs down and puts the engagement ring on Mabel's finger. "Ba da bing! Ba da bam! Now let's get you back into the forest honey-" "You may now kiss the bride," Mabel says, stopping Jeff in his tracks.

"Well, don't mind if I do," He leans in to kiss Mabel and she does the same when she leans back and flips something before pulling out the leaf blower. "Hey uh wait a minute! Woah! Woah, what's going on?!" 

Jeff asks as he's sucked into the leaf blower. "That's for lying to me!" She puts it in reverse and he's sucked in further. "That's for breaking my heart! And this is for messing with not just my brother but our new friend!" Mabel shouts at him, lining up the shot directly at the giant gnome. "Wanna do the honors?"

"No, I shouldn't..." (y/n) practically whispers, and Mabel grabs her hand, putting it on the little lever and I place my hand over hers stating "One three," We all count down and we flip the switch and watch Jeff shoot into the large gnome, gnomes flying everywhere as we landed in the pile of leaves. Mabel starts to blow the gnomes away as I cross my arms asking "Anyone else want some?" They all scurry back into the forest and we start to head back inside. "Hey Dipper, I um...I'm sorry for ignoring your advice, you and (y/n) really were just looking out for me."

 "Oh, don't be like that, you saved our butts back there," I tell her with a smile and she starts to pick the leaves out of her hair. "I guess I'm just sad that my first boyfriend turned out to be a bunch of gnomes." "Look on the bright side, maybe the next one will be a vampire." "Oh, you're just saying that."

"Awkward sibling hug?" "Awkward sibling hug," She confirms and we hug before stating in a monotonous voice "Pat, pat," Once we part I turn to (y/n) and tell her "I wanted to thank you too for helping me save Mabel, (y/n)." 

"I didn't do that much," She says, rubbing her arm nervously and I scoff. "(y/n) you were the first one to point out that there wasn't something right about Norman, you had caught the detail of his hand falling off, and you even got the courage to take over the steering wheel before the cart could go out of control and crash! You did so much to help today, and we're glad to call you our friend," I tell her before Mabel and I hug her, she flinches before slowly and nervously returning the hug. When we pull back she gives us both a smile and something unbelievable happens the moment she does. We watch in shock as color seeps back into her, her hair, eyes, skin, and clothes started to fill with color and she asks:

"W-what are you two staring at?" "How did you do that?! Are you magic?!" Mabel asks excitedly and she once again asks "Magic?" (y/n) looks at me hoping to get any information about what was going on. "(y/n)...You're not grey," I tell her, and she raises an eyebrow before looking herself over as she lets out a gasp. "No way...How...?" She continues to ask and I ask "Do you not know how you turned grey?" "N-no I don't but it must have something to do with whoever wrote the journals and the creatures described in the book." "Why do you think that?" "Because I remembered knowing the gnomes after we met them which are only talked about in the journal."

"If that's true then you might know who wrote the journals!" I exclaim and she nods "It's possible but I don't...Remember..." She squeaks out that last part as though she thought we were gonna be angry about it so I reassure her. "Hey, we'll figure it out later ok?" She gives me a small smile and nods and we head inside.

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v

I was counting the money I had earned from scamming people today when the kids walk in and my eyes widen to see (y/n)...She had color, she wasn't grey! Somehow those two knuckleheads had given (y/n) her color back if I was drinking soda I'd surely spit it out right now, I have to make a joke to hide my surprise. "Woah, yeesh, you three get hit by a bus or something?" I slam my hand on the counter and laugh.