Dreamscaperers: Part 3

Dipper's p.o.v.

We enter the shack to see distorted stairways leading every which way with doors floating around as well. As we walk down the first flight of stairs Stan's head with bat wings flies by me going on about no refunds, startling me in the process. I feel (y/n) squeeze my hand in reassurance and it's there that I realize we hadn't let go of each other's hand. Trying not to think about it I look around to see labeled doors for Grunkle Stan's fears, hopes and memories, where we needed to be.

As expected when we enter we're met with recent memories of the Summer ranging from when he was on Cash Wheel, Pioneer day, (y/n)'s birthday. "Woah look, Stan's memories," Soos comments, causing me to droll. "Great, I'm sure there's plenty of memories of Stan bossing me around. Can't way to see more of that," I let go of (y/n)'s hand to cross my arms in anger when my sister nudges me stating "Come on Dipper! We gotta find the code before Bill does!" "Let's get searching!" We run down the halls filled with memories, opening doors to find the combination to the safe. I open a memory of Stan in a Columbian prison, talking with his cellmates.

"Nope," As I walk to the next memory I pass by Soos who had opened a memory of Stan trying to sell the Stan Vac. I then pass by Mabel who was looking over a memory of Stan going on a bad date with Lazy Susan. "Woah, it's Stan on a date~" Mabel squeals before wincing at how bad it had ended.

We continued walking through the hall of memories when I stop at a door with a pine tree engraved at the top with the label: Dipper memories. Keep out! Stan's memories about me...I can finally learn about how he feels about me. "Look guys, memories about me," I tell everyone as I open the door to that corridor. "That doesn't seem like a good idea," Soos points out, shutting the door and I argue "I just wanna see what the old guy really thinks of me-" "We already know how Stan feels about us, he loves us. We're great," Mabel cuts in as Soos lightly pushes me forward. "Come on, let's just keep moving."

I glance back at the door...I'm too tempted, I sneak back to the door and enter it. I look down the long corridor muttering to myself "Ok, just a quick peek," As I glanced at every door I could hear his voice ring out as he called my name. One door catches my attention, it looked like the door of the shack that led to the porch, and just like the actual door it was jutted out and couldn't close properly.

I open the door to see Grunkle Stan telling me to chop the firewood. "No buts! Now go chop that firewood already!" He demands thwacking me on the head with the newspaper he was holding. Stan sits down on the couch as Soos speaks up. "Dudes, Stan, I've been meaning to ask you, why are you so hard on Dipper all the time?" Raising an eyebrow in curiosity I lean closer to hear Grunkle Stan's answer. "Look Soos, I'm gonna let you in on something. You wanna know what I really think? The kid's a loser, he's weak, he's an utter embarrassment, he's never gonna be good enough for that girl. I just wanna get rid of him," I feel my heart shatter as my self-esteem plummets, while Grunkle Stan wasn't the best man, he had always been someone I had weirdly looked up to and wanted to impress and to hear him say that...I glance at myself struggling to chop the firewood before I close the door and trudge my way back to the group.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

This was taking forever, there was still no luck finding the combination as we peeked through every memory we could. "Hello? Code to Stan's safe where are you?" Soos calls out as he looks into another memory. "Alright guys, I have a good feeling about this door," Mabel exclaims, pointing at a door labeled: Top Secret. I cross my arms and lightly shake my head, he wouldn't make it that easy. 

My hunch ended up being right as we watched Stan act as a ventriloquist with his belly, making it eat a cracker...I did not need to see that... "We've been searching forever, what if we don't find it before that triangle guy does?" Soos asks.