⑧⑨. I'll Be Back Soon...

Just kinda writing about my situation rn to cope... :/ if you don't understand just read my post board. Sorry to any of you who have a boy in a different country / move away.... it sucks.

——

Prompt: Y/bf goes back home (to his home country or wherever you wanna imagine) for the summer, leaving you without him for 4 months.

Type: sad and kinda angst

Word Count: 496

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"Do you really have to go?" You whimpered, clutching y/bf's hand tightly as you navigated through the crowded airport.

"I'm afraid so..." He sighed mournfully, pulling you into a deep embrace.

Together, you held each other in silence, cherishing the last moments you'd have together for the entire summer.
It had been over four years since y/bf and his family moved away from his hometown. Since they had been away for so long, his parents had decided to extend their previously planned visit from one week to four months.
Your stomach sank as the dreaded voice came over the floor intercom, announcing that the flight to their destination was boarding.

"Well, I guess this is it," you choked out, tears welling up in your eyes.

"No, this isn't it; it's just 'see you soon,'" he corrected, cupping your face in his hands before sharing a kiss, one that would be the last you'd share, at least for now.

As you pulled away, you suddenly remembered you had a gift for y/bf.

"Before you go, I forgot to give you something," you revealed, pulling a small package from your pocket.

Carefully, he tore apart the wrapping paper, revealing a silver necklace with a small charm representing your state or country.
Before he could say a word, the tears now falling from his eyes conveyed his gratitude.

"Oh, y/n, I love it," he smiled, promptly placing the necklace around his neck.

"One last hug?" he suggested, arms open wide.

Without hesitation, you ran into his embrace, holding onto him as tightly as you could.

"I love you, y/n. Please don't forget me; I'm still your boyfriend, just a couple of thousand miles away..."

"How could I ever forget you when you're all I think about? I love you. Please come home soon."

Tears flowed freely now as you watched y/bf wave, mouthing "I love you" one last time before disappearing into the terminal.
Later that night, you lay in your bed, curled up in y/bf's sweatshirt, memories flooding your mind.
Sneaking out together for midnight snack runs,
Spending every waking moment of the day together,
Days filled with laughter at the pool,
Seeing a new movie in theaters every Tuesday,
Long drives with the windows down, music blasting,
You couldn't believe he was gone, halfway across the world or country. Memories of your summer fling, of the love that had grown between you, would have to sustain you until you were reunited.

Idk how to end ... sorry this sucked... leave me some ideas!