⑨①. Clingy

Type: Maybe Angst? Fluff of courseeee

Prompt: yb/f complaining about y/n being clingy but regrets it after  - @pristiine

Word Count: 582

Leave me some ideas please!!! Something preferably simple and cute!

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

It was a typical evening in your home, with y/bf engrossed in his nightly TV show while you had just finished your shower. Your hair was still damp, and you felt a sense of contentment wash over you. You walked over to y/bf, snuggled up close to him, and he let out a contented sigh, wrapping his arm around you as you nestled into his side.

"Why'd you sigh?" you inquired, curiosity sparking in your eyes.

"Hm? Oh, no reason," he deflected, planting a gentle kiss on your head before returning his focus to the screen.

"No, tell me," you insisted, sitting up slightly to study his expression.

"It's just... You've been really affectionate recently," y/bf admitted, avoiding your gaze.

Hearing this sent a pang of worry through you. The fear of being perceived as clingy had always lingered, and though this wasn't the first time you'd heard such a comment, it still stung, especially coming from y/bf.

"Oh. Sorry," you apologized, moving away from his side.

"It's fine," y/bf reassured, patting your thigh.

"I'm going to get ready for bed," you informed, quickly retreating to your room.

Were you genuinely being clingy? It seemed possible. Y/bf gave you attention all day, but the evenings were his time to unwind and watch his show. You cringed inwardly, realizing how much attention you needed, but you acknowledged that it's normal to crave attention and affection.
After brushing your teeth, you climbed into the chilly bed. Out of habit, you started to call out for y/bf as you always did, a signal that you were ready for sleep. However, this time, you stopped yourself, exhaling deeply before rolling onto your side.
About an hour later, you were awakened by the sound of footsteps approaching your room and the gentle creaking of the door opening.

"Y/n?"

"Hmm?"

"Y/n?" y/bf called, switching on the bedside lamp.

"What?" you grumbled, slightly annoyed by the interruption.

"Y/n?" he called again, looking concerned.

"What is it, y/bf?"

"Are you going to sleep without me?"

"Yeah? Weren't you going to watch your show?"

"Well, I mean, I was, but you hadn't called me to bed yet, so I got worried."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I thought I'd let you enjoy your show," you replied, stifling a yawn as you rested your head back on the pillow.

"Oh," he mumbled, his face forming a slight frown.

Noticing the change in his tone and expression, you propped yourself up on your elbow. "Is something wrong?"

"It's just that you always call me before you go to bed. It's our routine."

"I know. I was just giving you some alone time."

"But I like it when you call me to bed... it makes me feel needed and loved."

"Aww, y/bf, of course I love you. Come here," you cooed, patting the empty space beside you on the bed.

With a cheerful grin, he practically jumped onto the bed, accidentally knocking you over as he collapsed onto you, burying his head in the crook of your neck.

"I'm sorry I called you clingy; I didn't mean it... Promise me you won't ever go to bed without me, okay?" he requested, his voice muffled by your shoulder.

"I promise."