① ① ④. Cafe Romance

In this imagine y/bf isn't y/bf anymore! Rather he's a regular patron at your coffee shop job. I'll still use y/bf for his name tho!

Word Count: 421

                                   ————

Every morning, as the sun gently spilled its golden hues across the city, y/bf found himself stepping into the quaint, aromatic haven of "Brewed Awakenings." It wasn't just the robust coffee that drew him in day after day, but the gorgeous barista who knew his order by heart—Y/N.

At the counter, y/n, with a bright smile and quicker wit, prepared his order before he even reached the front of the line. She knew it by heart—double espresso, a splash of cold milk, no sugar. Over time, what started as casual exchanges bloomed into conversations filled with laughter and subtle glances.

"Double espresso, splash of milk," y/n would announce, sliding the cup across the counter

"You know, you could try mixing it up one day. Surprise me," y/bf suggested one morning, his tone light but curious.

Y/n's laugh was a melodious sound that seemed to linger even as she replied, "Oh, and risk the wrath of a coffee connoisseur? I dare not."

Their banter became the highlight of y/bfs mornings. He found himself lingering a little longer each day, finding excuses to chat with y/n, whose insights on everything from coffee beans to cosmic stars captivated him. He wasn't alone in this burgeoning affection; y/n looked forward to those early morning moments more than she cared to admit.

One rainy morning, as the shop hummed quietly with fewer customers than usual, y/bf took a chance. As y/n handed him his usual, he held onto her hand for a second longer.

"Would you like to grab coffee sometime? Outside of here ... I mean," he stammered, his voice a mix of hope and hesitation.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat, her usual composure wavering slightly. "I think I'd like that," she smiled, her hand still in his. "But only if I get to pick the place. There's this little spot across town that supposedly tops this one. Don't tell my boss I said that." She winked.

"It's a date then, and my lips are sealed."  Y/bf grinned, his usual confidence restored by her acceptance. They laughed, the sound mingling with the calm chatter of the patrons.

In that little coffee shop, among the steaming mugs and morning rushes, y/n and y/bf found something unexpected and wonderful—each other.