①① ③. Lazy Lifts

Sorry for my absence!!! Life's been... a lot 😅
But I'm hoping to slowly get back into things. Thanks for sticking with me, love you all so much!!

Word Count: 381

————

It was one of those lazy Sundays in the small, sunlit apartment where you and y/bf shared many laughs and cozy afternoons. The curtains fluttered gently as a breeze swept through, carrying the scent of blooming flowers from the small garden below their window.

As you lounged on the couch, scrolling endlessly through your phone, y/bf walked into the room, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked, sitting down beside you. You just shrugged, not really in the mood to articulate the tiredness that seemed to cling to your body

He spoke up yet again

"Hey, lazy bones," y/bf teased, poking your side gently. "How about we go get some ice cream? My treat."

You only responded with a muffled groan, burrowing deeper into the cushions. "Too tired to move," you murmured, barely audible.

"Oh, is that so?" He chuckled, "Well, I guess I'll just have to carry you there, won't I?"

Before you could protest, he scooped them up in one swift motion, slinging them over his shoulder like they were as light as a feather. You yelped in surprise, then started laughing, the sound bright and clear. "Y/bf! Put me down!"

"Today, you're on the y/bf express," he declared proudly, starting to make his way out the front door with you slung over his shoulder. "Our first stop, the ice cream parlor!"

Without another word, he gently set you in the passenger seat, then slid behind the wheel himself, driving off towards your favorite ice cream shop.

Upon arrival, y/bf offered you a piggyback ride from the car to the shop, aware of your fatigue. Once inside, he gently set you down, and together you mulled over the array of flavors. You opted for a scoop of your favorite, while he selected his go-to choice, mint chocolate chip.

With ice cream in hand, you strolled back to the car, y/bfs arm warmly wrapped around your shoulders. You leaned your head against him.

"Thanks for the lift, y/bf."

"Anytime," he replied, kissing the top of their head. "Anytime."