⑧②. Picking The Perfect Pumpkin

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n and y/bf go pumpkin picking

Word Count: 627

Lmk if you want a part two about carving the pumpkin! Should I write just like a whole bunch of fall/Halloween related imagines? Lmk!

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The crisp autumn air filled your lungs, with the sound of orange leaves crunching beneath your feet. Today, you and your boyfriend were excitedly heading to a local pumpkin patch, in search of the perfect pumpkin for carving.

"Wow, look at all those pumpkins!" you exclaimed, taking in the rows of pumpkins artfully displayed for your enjoyment.

"You're adorable when you're this excited," your boyfriend remarked, his gaze fixed on you instead of the pumpkins.

"Sorry, I just can't resist Halloween," you replied, doing a little dance as you waited in line.

The pumpkin patch you were visiting was renowned in town. To ensure a great experience, they limited the number of visitors at a time, giving you and your boyfriend some time to decide on your pumpkin design.

"What should we carve on the pumpkin?" your boyfriend asked, one hand holding yours while the other casually in his pocket.

"Hmm, maybe a classic skeleton or a witch on a broomstick," you suggested.

"That sounds cool. Or how about a pumpkin carving on the pumpkin itself?"

"Now THAT's an idea!" you exclaimed, making your boyfriend laugh.

One of the reasons you and your boyfriend clicked so well was your shared sense of humor. You both had a knack for building on each other's jokes, making them even funnier.
After a few minutes of waiting, you finally gained access to the patch. You ran through the rows of orange like a child on Christmas, hand in hand with your boyfriend. Eventually, you spotted it—the perfect pumpkin.

"Wow, look at this one!" you gasped, kneeling down to get a closer look at the massive vegetable.

"That's a big one! We've got to get it," your boyfriend agreed, kneeling beside you and patting the pumpkin.

Without another word, you attempted to lift it, surprisingly succeeding.

"Aww, stay there, I gotta get a picture!" your boyfriend cooed, pulling out his phone and snapping some photos.

After the photos, your boyfriend offered to carry the pumpkin, but you insisted on carrying it yourself.

"Haha, alright. Look at how strong my girlfriend is, I'm so proud," he said, jokingly wiping away an imaginary tear.

The pumpkin was heavy, well over 100 pounds, making it challenging to carry for long. You had only walked a few feet before setting it down and sitting on it to catch your breath.

"Would you like me to carry it now?" your boyfriend chuckled, helping you up.

"Please," you replied.

He laughed before effortlessly lifting the pumpkin, making it seem easy. After purchasing the monstrously large pumpkin, you both headed to the car, securing it safely in the back seat.

"Don't forget his seatbelt!" you reminded him, reaching inside to buckle up "Winston."

"Good call, can't be driving kids around without a seatbelt. Also, 'him'? We can't just call it 'him,' he needs a name."

"How about 'Chuck'?"

"Nah, too ordinary."

"Jamison?"

"Nope."

"Carson?"

"Mmm, no. I know a Carson."

"Jimothy?"

"I don't even know how to respond to that one," he laughed.

"What about 'Winston'?"

"I love that name! Winston it is!"

"Now, let's head home so we can give Winston a spooky makeover," your boyfriend suggested, holding the passenger seat door open for you.

"What?! Don't say that! We're just giving him a makeover," you corrected.

"That's right, a spooky makeover," he added, resting his hand on your leg as he drove off toward your house.

Lmk if you'd like a part two!! Or any other spoopy spooky ideas you have or want to see next!