⑦. The Night We Met

Requested by @CityJuno! Idk if I did this right but I Hope you all like it!! Leave me some requests and I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Also sorry if I butcher thisssss.

Also italicized is flashback/memory 😊

Based off the song The Night We Met By Lord Huron 10/10 would recommend

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Basically the song 'The Night We Met'

Word Count: 622

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The sun was slowly sinking over the horizon, casting warm, golden hues throughout the living room as you and y/bf swayed to the gentle beat playing in the background. This dance, a cherished ritual, involved holding each other close, their bodies moving in perfect harmony, all while sharing light-hearted conversation and inside jokes. As the two of you continued to sway, you couldn't help but let your mind wander back to the night you first met.

---

That fateful evening was a whirlwind of emotions, filled with tears and terror, as you had just parted ways with your ex-boyfriend after discovering his infidelity.

"Y/n, please, it's not what it looks like!" Y/ex called out, desperately following your retreating figure.

Without uttering a word, you sprinted down the sidewalk, your initial brisk pace gradually giving way to an all-out run. Your apartment and the memories it held were a place you couldn't bear to return to. Lost in your thoughts, you stumbled on an uneven curb, crashing to your knees. Tears blurred your vision as you leaned against a nearby building, finally releasing all the pent-up emotion and pain. Your cheeks felt aflame as you clenched your fists, the salty tears mixing with the sting of blood on your scraped knees. How could he betray you after all you'd done for him?

"Hey, are you alright?" a soft, concerned voice broke through your turmoil, a figure slowly coming into focus.

As you looked up, you saw a boy about your age, undeniably attractive, though you didn't have the heart to acknowledge it at the time. Gathering your thoughts, you spoke shakily, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just, uh, dealing with some relationship troubles."

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" the boy inquired, sitting down beside you on the concrete.

Reluctantly, you recounted the painful events. His face shifted from shock to sympathy, and he ended the tale with,

"I'm so sorry, but I can't believe a guy would cheat on you; he's clearly an idiot!" He gestured dramatically, eliciting a chuckle from you.

It felt cathartic to laugh, even in the company of a stranger. Despite the brief encounter, something about him made you feel safe, at ease.
After chatting for a while, you exchanged phone numbers, the connection proving to be more significant than you could have ever imagined.

End Of Flashback

"Remember the night we met?"

"How could I forget? I was walking back from my friend's place, and then I saw you, the most stunning person I'd ever laid eyes on! It broke my heart to see you cry, even though I didn't know you then," y/bf reminisced, his words warming your heart.

"I'm so grateful we met; I can't picture my life without you," you said contentedly, resting your head against his shoulder.

"Me neither. I wouldn't want to imagine a life without you," y/bf replied, his head gently resting against yours. The two of you continued to dance, holding each other close, thankful for the chance encounter that had led to this beautiful connection..

Hope you enjoyed!! if you have requested and it isn't up just know I'm working on it, just taking me a little while as I started school! Hope you all have an amazing day!!