⑥⑨. Snow Days and Window Panes

Type: Fluff

Prompt: (Requested by writer7380) i have an idea for your imagine book,   its a snowy day, and you get a text telling you to look out your window, where y/c is standing there, the words 'will you go out with me' dug into the snow.

Word Count: 543

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

With a content sigh, you rolled over onto your side, the warmth radiating from your cozy blanket as you watched the snow falling outside. Late last night, the school district had called for an official snow day, which meant no school and no worries. A sudden vibration from your bedside table caught your attention.

"Hey y/n! How are you spending this amazing snow day?" Y/c texted, leaving you with a smile.

"Hi! Not anything too interesting, just laying in bed, watching the snow. What about you?" you replied.

"Classic y/n ;) I'm just outside enjoying the weather," he replied.

"Outside?! It's freezing; you're crazy!" you responded, with a quiet laugh.

"I guess you could say that. ;)"

"What are you doing outside?" you asked, slightly flustered by his response.

Unfortunately, to your dismay, he didn't answer. You simply shrugged it off and pulled the blanket up to your neck, letting your body sink into the mattress beneath you. Wrapped up in your warm blankets, you couldn't help but begin to doze off.
The sound of your phone vibrating made you jump, waking you from your light slumber. Rubbing your eyes, you turned to grab your phone and saw a text from y/c.

"Hey, look out your window. ;)"

A little confused, you followed his request, walking to the window and opening up the curtains. You couldn't believe your eyes. You didn't know whether to smile or cry. Outside in the freezing cold stood y/c in the snow with the words "Will you go out with me?" traced into the freshly fallen snow. Smiling, you ran to the front door, immediately rushing outside without a coat or proper snow shoes.
Upon seeing you, he grinned, nervously laughing a bit.

"So, what do you say?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed, running out to his open arms.

You hugged for what seemed like forever, not that you minded because it was y/c, after all. Pulling away from the hug, your eyes locked, faces inching closer until your lips touched. Your heart was beating out of your chest, butterflies erupting in your stomach; this was the best moment of your life so far. After kissing for a bit longer, you both pulled away, somewhat out of breath.

"I really like you, y/n... Heck, I think I'm starting to fall in love," he admitted, fumbling his words towards the end.

"I think I am too," you agreed, adrenaline absolutely racing through your body at this point.

There was silence after both your confessions, not awkward silence, but content silence as you both tried to process what had just happened.

"Can I pick you up at six for our date?" he asked.

"Sounds like a plan," you agreed.

After hugging for a second time, you parted ways, both planning to get ready for your date.

Sorry about that ending! I didn't know how to end it :/
Thanks so much for sticking around, expect more updates soon!