⑦②. Snowed In

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n goes to y/cs house for the first time. Just as luck would have it a blizzard was raging outside by the time y/n her to leave, resulting in her having to stay over.

Word Count: 1274

Sorry it this is random and far fetched, just thought it was cute 🤷🏻‍♀️

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

With hesitant anticipation, you knocked on the front door, fingers fiddling nervously as you waited for a response. Y/c had invited you to hang out at his house, a gesture that, while not a monumental event, felt like an important step. You'd spent time together before, but always with friends around. This would be your first visit to his family without any other guests, yet you weren't overly concerned because you knew his family to be warm and welcoming.
You both secretly harbored mutual attraction, but the courage to make a move had eluded both of you. As you stood there, just moments after knocking, the sound of a lock clicking and the door opening sent your heart racing. Y/c was there, and the mere sight of his face set butterflies free in your stomach.

"Hey, y/n! Come on in," he exclaimed, opening his arms for a hug.

"Hi!" You replied, embracing him, just as you'd done many times before. Given his height, he had to slightly bend down to accommodate your shorter stature, a gesture he reserved exclusively for you, and it never failed to be endearing.

Your hug was short-lived as a voice called your name.

"Y/n! So good to see you," y/c's mom greeted, offering a side hug.

You happily accepted, wrapping your arm around her as well. It was the first time she'd initiated a hug with you, probably because today you were the sole guest and she didn't have to navigate through a group of rowdy friends.
After exchanging greetings with the rest of the family, y/c led you downstairs to his theater/TV room, the familiar spot for your hangouts, providing a little privacy for the two of you.

"Are you excited?" y/c asked, scrolling to the latest episode of your favorite TV show.

"I'm so excited!! Especially after the cliffhanger of the last episode," you admitted, taking your usual spot on the couch, with y/c settling beside you.

"Me too!"

Sharing a favorite TV show was just one of the many things you had in common. Every Friday, you'd meet at his house and watch the latest episode, a cherished tradition.
As the theme song played, you both found yourselves sitting increasingly close. Y/c, perhaps a bit nervous, subtly inched closer, feigning sock adjustments. He repeated this until your shoulders touched, and your legs were entwined.

Noticing his nervousness, you leaned in closer, relieving his tension as he draped his arm over the back of the couch, inching closer to you. By the time the end credits rolled, you were practically side by side, chatting and bantering as the TV screen went dark, assuming no one else was watching.
In the comfortable silence, the howling wind outside caught your attention, and you jumped up to check. Your jaw dropped as you witnessed the once lightly covered ground transformed into over a foot of snow and a thick layer of ice on the road.