①① ①. Christmas Tree

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n and y/bf set up the Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone who celebrates!!

~~~~

"Remind me not to throw all the lights in the box next year." Y/bf grumbled, his frustration evident as he tediously untangled the lights belonging to the Christmas tree.

After months of anticipation, the moment had arrived for you and y/bf to decorate your space with the most amazing Christmas decorations. This tradition was something both of you anticipated and held close to your hearts.
As y/bf struggles with the Christmas lights, you took it upon yourself to set up your tree. This year you had opted to get a fake tree, it was much easier that way... At least you thought it would be.

"These instructions make absolutely no sense." You grumble, attempting to lock the base of the tree in place.

Y/bf  let out a soft laugh before making his way over to you. Softly he grabbed your hands, guiding them in the correct direction to lock the mechanism.

"There ya go." He says, placing a kiss behind your ear.

You couldn't help but feel your heart begin to race. Even after all your time together he gave you butterflies. Once you had managed to assemble the tree and connect the lights it was time for the best part, decorating!

"Wow you did a really good job picking ornaments this year, babe." Y/bf complimented, resting his hand on your waist as he took In the beautiful tree.

"You're too kind, thank you." You smile back, leaning into his side.

"Oh! That reminds me, I found this cute ornament that reminded me of us." He reveals, making his way over to the bag that lay untouched on the counter.

Inside he pulled out an ornament that had two figures in winter apparel kissing under a mistletoe.

"That's so cute! I love it! You should put it right there." You coo, pointing to an open spot in the center of the tree.

He happily obliges.

"Now, it's time for the final step."

"I thought we had everything. Especially since we have your cute ornament now."

"We need the star!"

He carefully hoists you onto his shoulders before handing you the finishing touch, a beautiful crystal star. You placed the crystal perfectly on the top branch that faced upwards, ensuring it would be seen.

"Wow that looks perfect. You did such a good job." Y/bf remarks, his arms tied around your waist as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"No, WE did a good job." You correct, turning to place a kiss on his cheek.