㊻. Nightmares

Requested byyy Katdude44 :)

Sorry if it's not too good!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: 'Y/bf has a terrible nightmare about y/n, resulting in him waking up on the verge of tears. Luckily y/n is right by his side to comfort him.'

Word Count: 558

                                                                              ✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The gentle caress of pale moonlight streamed through the window, coaxing you from the depths of slumber. As you slowly cracked open your heavy eyelids, your senses soon caught the faint but unmistakable sound of whimpers escaping y/bf's lips.
Puzzled by your abrupt awakening, you gradually raised your head, your gaze settling on the figure of y/bf beside you. His chest rose and fell with a rapid rhythm, and before you could articulate a word, he abruptly sat up, gasping for air. His wide, fearful eyes darted around the room, finally settling on your presence by his side.

"Y/bf, what's wrong?" you inquired, your hand reaching out gently to rest on his trembling arm.

"J- just a bad dream," he stammered, his voice quivering with the lingering echoes of his night terrors.

As he lingered on the edge of the bed, his body still trembling, fear etched deeply into his features.

"Would you like to talk about it?" you offered.

He shook his head. "Could you just... hold me?"

"Of course," you replied, a warm smile gracing your lips as your arms extended an open embrace.

Tentatively, he inched closer, seeking solace in your comforting presence. His head found refuge on your chest, his arms wrapping around your waist. Your fingers instinctively wove through his hair, and his anxious eyes began to flutter shut as he found sanctuary in your warmth.

"Feeling better?" you gently inquired, your voice a soothing balm for his troubled soul.

"A little. Can you tell me a story or simply talk to me?" he requested, still clutching your form as if afraid that the darkness of his dream might creep back.

Smiling, you quickly conjured up a delightful tale to divert his thoughts.

"Do you remember the first time you met my parents? When you accidentally spilled water all over my dad?"

A chagrined expression crossed his face. "Don't remind me; that moment still haunts me."

"Oh, and what about the time you took a nosedive into that puddle when we were playing in the rain?" you giggled, recollecting the comical incident.

"Yes, I remember... But do you recall the day you had your dramatic tumble down the stairs?" y/bf teased, a mischievous grin tugging at his lips.

Sighing, you cringed at the distant memory. "Why did you have to bring that up? I've been trying to forget about it."

"Well, you started with the dinner with your parents," y/bf pointed out, his smirk revealing his satisfaction in playfully tormenting you.

"You did ask me for a story!" you laughed, acquiescing to the playful banter.

"I suppose that's true," he replied with a smile.

"Thank you for being so wonderful to me; I love you," y/bf whispered, resting his head once more on your chest.

"I love you too," you cooed, your hand gently tracing soothing circles on his bare back.

In a matter of minutes, the reassuring rhythm of your heartbeats and the comfort of your presence lulled him back to sleep, casting aside the harrowing shadows of his nighttime ordeal.