⑳. Ruined Date (Crush)

Requested by PoetThePhillip_ Really cute idea, Hope you like it!!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: As y/n and y/c go on their much anticipated first date y/n soon begins to feel sick.

Word Count: 855

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Tonight was the night you had been dreaming about ever since you could recall. The moment you had hoped for was finally here, y/c had asked you out on an official date! As you meticulously finished doing your hair, an unexpected sensation of dizziness overcame you, causing you to grip the bathroom counter for support. You were too excited about this date to even consider canceling it, so you determinedly brushed off the feeling and continued to get ready. A few moments later, you heard a knock on your front door.

"Hi, y/n! Wow, you look gorgeous," y/c said in awe as he greeted you, his jaw slightly agape as he admired your appearance from head to toe.

"Oh, thank you!" you replied, the fluttering of butterflies in your stomach growing stronger at his compliment. As you walked together down the pathway to his car, he made a gentlemanly gesture, opening the car door for you and then proceeding to his own side. It was in this moment that a sudden wave of nausea washed over you, making the world seem to spin, and your stomach churned. Nevertheless, not wanting to ruin your long-awaited date, you put on a brave face and tried to distract yourself.

"You alright?" y/c inquired.

"Yeah, I'm great!" You replied convincingly, despite the uneasy sensation. Y/c didn't press further with questions.

While driving to the restaurant, you and y/c engaged in conversation about everything that crossed your minds, from school happenings to lighthearted topics like conspiracy theories.

"I'm so ready to eat!" Y/c excitedly exclaimed as he pulled into the restaurant's parking lot. At that very moment, an overwhelming surge of nausea hit you again, causing you to anxiously clutch your thighs.

"Y/n, are you alright?" he asked, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, just a little nausea," you hesitated, closing your eyes as if hoping to dispel the sensation.

"A little? You're holding onto your legs for dear life," he teased with a chuckle, his hand resting on yours.

"Okay, maybe I feel a little sick. I just didn't want to miss our first date; I've been looking forward to it for weeks!" You admitted sheepishly, and he smiled in response.

"I was eagerly anticipating the chance to spend time with you as well. How about I take you home and take care of you for our 'date'?" y/c suggested.

"That'd be great, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all!" he assured, restarting the car.

Throughout the entire journey back home, y/c was ever attentive, steering cautiously to avoid any bumps or jolts that might exacerbate your discomfort. When you pulled up to your driveway, he offered you a steadying hand as you stepped out of the car, keeping his palm on the small of your back as he guided you inside.

"Why don't you go get into some comfy clothes, and I'll set up a movie," y/c suggested, a smile on his face.

Having been to your house numerous times before, it was no surprise for him to take charge, including starting the TV. Gratefully, you nodded and made your way to your room for a quick outfit change.
"Welcome back! I turned on your favorite TV show," y/c greeted you with a warm smile as you returned to the living room.
After you took a seat on the couch, y/c thoughtfully covered you with a blanket and then joined you, sitting beside you. Despite the warmth of the blanket, you soon started shivering, your teeth chattering as you tried to focus on the show.

"You cold?" y/c inquired, turning his body to face you.

"A little," you mumbled, pulling the blanket closer to yourself. Smiling, he pulled you into a tighter embrace, drawing you nearer to his side.

"May I?" he asked, his hand hovering above your shoulders.

"Absolutely," you consented, settling into his embrace as he wrapped his arm around you. As you snuggled closer to him, the warmth of his presence enveloped you, and your muscles gradually relaxed.

"You feeling better?" y/c checked, his arms still securely around you.

"A lot better, especially since I'm with you."

"I feel the same way," y/c replied, winking at you, his head resting gently against yours. As the two of you watched TV, the room lapsed into silence, with both of you struggling to find the right words.

"Hey, uh, y/n. I hope this isn't too soon, but, um, would you maybe want to go on another date?" y/c asked, his tone tentative.

"I'd love to! Then we can actually go somewhere!" You grinned, causing y/c to chuckle. This marked the beginning of many more dates, leading to y/c eventually asking you to be his girlfriend.

Hope that was ok!! Leave me some requests if you'd like! 💕