㊴. School Love

Type: Fluuuf :D

Prompt:
Requested but i can't remember by who! So creds to them XD: (Adorable Request btw!)

a shy reader (girl) and shy crush (guy), how they finally meet each other (they go to the same school and had once briefly spoken to each other but turns out the crush is shy and quiet but still glances at the reader sometimes), doesn't matter who approaches who, and if you want, you can add in that the crush is 2 years older than the reader (reader-sophomore and crush-senior)

Word Count: 705

                                                           ✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

High school had been absolutely great for you so far - good grades, good friends, and an overall great time. Well, all great apart from your crush, y/c. Even though he was nearly two years older, he still managed to wave and smile at you, occasionally engaging in brief conversations. Your friends kept insisting he was 'totally into you,' but you had your doubts.

"Y/n, I swear he's into you. He's always glancing at you in class!" Y/f squealed, catching the attention of a few passing people.

"Shh, he might hear you! And it's probably just a coincidence," you shrugged, not wanting to get your hopes up, knowing there was no way a senior like him could like you.

"Watch him during class, and you'll see what I'm talking about," Y/f advised, smirking as she nudged your arm.

"Fine, I guess I will," you sighed.

"And if he is, you owe me 10 dollars," Y/f added, making you laugh.

"Deal."

Your heart raced as you walked into class, and it raced even faster when y/c entered the room, sending you a small wave.
As your eyes followed y/c to his seat, you caught Y/f's gaze. Y/f wiggled their eyebrows, having witnessed his greeting. Rolling your eyes, you slumped down in your seat, turning your attention to the teacher at the front of the room.
Throughout the lesson, you did as Y/f suggested, occasionally glancing at y/c. Sure enough, every time you looked, he was glancing over at you, his eyes darting away after meeting yours.

"It must be a coincidence," you thought. Maybe he was looking at someone behind you. Turning around, you soon realized everyone around you seemed to be absent, leaving you in the middle of several empty seats. Now it was finally beginning to hit you; maybe he was looking at you.
Taking another glance at y/c, you saw he was already looking at you, this time smiling as your eyes met. Butterflies erupted in your stomach at this point, adrenaline rushing through your body.
Nearly an hour later, the bell finally rang. Before you could find Y/f, a small tap on your shoulder grabbed your attention. Turning around, you saw y/c nervously smiling as he cleared his throat to speak.

"Hey, uh, I don't know if you know me, but I just wanted to introduce myself."

"I know who you are, y/c, right?" You said, not wanting to sound like you were stalking him, but rather just acknowledging your innocent crush.

"Yeah, that's me. I just wanted to tell you that I think you're very beautiful and was wondering if we could maybe go out sometime," he stammered, his nervousness apparent in his voice.

"I'd absolutely love to! And for the record, I think you're very cute," you blushed, still unable to process the fact that y/c had actually asked you out.

"Really? Gosh, I, uh, thanks," he stammered, his face now flushed.

"So, uh, could I get your number?" he asked, pulling out his phone.

"Of course!" You grinned, typing your number into his phone.

After giving him his phone, y/f finally reached you, smiling as she saw you talking to y/c.

"Well, I better get going. See you Friday?" Y/c reaffirmed.

"Yep, I'll see you then," you grinned, both exchanging a smile before walking your separate ways.

"See, I told you! Now you owe me 10 dollars!" Y/f called out, making you sigh. Not only had you just lost 10 dollars, but you managed to get a date with y/c, soon to be y/bf.