⑨⑨. Change Of Plans

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/bf plans a date with y/n but everything seems to go wrong...

Word Count: 716

—-

Sorry if this sucks I'm a little rusty, life's been kicking my butt recently but I'm going to try and get back to writing for you all ❤️

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"Wow, you look stunning," your boyfriend stammers, his mind captivated by the sight of you in your gorgeous dress.

"Aww, thank you. You look very handsome," you respond, blushing and planting a kiss on your boyfriend's cheek as he stands at your doorstep.

Tonight, your boyfriend had planned something amazing, or at least that's what he had mentioned in yesterday's spontaneous date night announcement.

"Well, shall we?" you ask.

"Oh, uh, yeah, we should get going. We're already late," your boyfriend agrees, still unable to take his eyes off you.

You chuckle softly, tugging him along by his tie, which perfectly matches his sharp outfit. He eagerly follows, only pausing to open the door for you before taking the driver's seat.

"I'm so excited to see what you have planned," you admit.

"Well, I'm excited to see your reaction," he says, pressing a kiss on the back of your hand.

As your boyfriend merges onto the highway, a car rudely cuts him off, forcing him to swerve and spill water onto his dress pants.

"Oh, you little -"

"Hey, don't worry, it's just some water," you interrupt, handing him a napkin from the glove box. He gives you an apologetic smile as he dries his pants.

You drive down a crowded road before finding a parking lot overflowing with cars.

"Good thing I got a reservation," y/bf murmurs as you search for an open spot.

After 10 minutes of circling, you finally find a spot, but another car cuts you off.

"Oh, come on!" Y/bf shouts.

A hand emerges from the car, flipping you both off. Your boyfriend gets angry, but you calm him down.

"Y/bf, c'mon, let's just go inside. This is our night," you say, resting your hand on his thigh.

"You're right. I'm sorry. Let's go," he says, taking a deep breath and kissing your forehead.

With a hand on your waist, he leads you into the magnificent restaurant, where two men in tuxedos open the doors for you. Inside, you admire the massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling, beautifully illuminating the interior.

"This is gorgeous!"

"Not as gorgeous as you," he remarks, making you blush and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"I have a reservation for (last name)," your boyfriend tells the waitress near the front.

She nods and checks the book, but she can't find the reservation.

"Hmm, I'm not seeing it on here. Do you have the confirmation email?"

Taking a deep breath, he shows her the email from his phone.

"One moment, please."

The manager comes and explains that without a reservation in the book, they can't accommodate you, especially on a busy night.
You y/bfs demeanor change, but you grab his arm to prevent any potential escalation.

"Let's just go home," he says, and you nod, keeping a warm smile to defuse the situation.

On the car ride home, y/bf is silent until you stop at a red light.

"I'm so sorry about tonight. I just wanted it to be perfect, but -"

"Y/bf, it's okay. All that matters is I'm with you," you interrupt, placing your hand on his.

"And hey, now we have a fun story to tell!"

"I guess you're right," he softly chuckles, kissing the back of your hand.

"Well, what do we do now?"

"I know, let's grab some snacks and have a PJ night. We can watch your favorite movie too."

He contently sighs, laying his hand on your thigh.

"How did I get so lucky?"

"I think you mean, how did I get so lucky," you playfully argue.

"I could argue this all day, but for the sake of tonight, you win."

Together, you spend the rest of the night tangled in each other's arms, watching your favorite show. It might not have been the fancy dinner you both envisioned, but it was a night filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable memories.

Hope it's alright! I'm going to start updating very soon I got tons of unpublished chapters