㉙. Power Outage

Type: Flufffy

Prompt: due to a snow storm the power suddenly shuts off, leaving y/n startled as she isn't a fan of the dark. Y/bf of courses rushes to 'save them'

Word Count: 467                                              

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The night was alive with the descent of new snowflakes, adding to the already snow-covered ground. It was a cold December evening, and as the weather channel had predicted, it was turning into a full-blown blizzard. The wind howled outside, carrying the relentless flurry of snowflakes that seemed to have no intention of stopping.
By 10 o'clock, the cold had seeped both outside and in, prompting you to prepare for bedtime. You opted for your coziest pajamas, ensuring warmth and comfort in the chilling weather. With a sense of anticipation for the warmth of your bed, you switched on your nightlight. The stormy night seemed to amplify your childhood fear of the dark, a vulnerability that you had kept hidden over the years. However, for y/bf, this was not a source of embarrassment; he found it endearing, something that made you unique.

Crawling into your bed, you drew the warm duvet up to your chin. The wind rattled against your window, and you felt grateful for the shelter of your cozy room. As the storm continued to rage outside, sleep began to beckon. Before your eyes could fully close, the lamp on your bedside table flickered and shut off, leaving you plunged into an abyss of darkness. Instinctively, you pulled the blankets over your face, shielding yourself from the unseen terrors of the room.

Then, a voice pierced the dark. "Y/n? Are you okay?" It was followed by cautious footsteps approaching your bedside. y/bf gently pushed the door open, revealing your huddled form beneath the covers.

"Awh, honey," he softly chuckled, his voice carrying the soothing warmth of his presence as he came to your side.

Without hesitation, you tugged him down beside you, shifting closer into the haven of his protective embrace.

"Are you all right?" y/bf asked, genuine concern evident in his voice as he ran a comforting hand through your hair.

"I'm okay. Just feeling a little silly," you admitted, your voice laced with vulnerability.

"Y/n, don't feel silly. We've talked about this. I really don't mind that you're scared of the dark. Everyone has their fears," he reassured you with kindness.

You pulled him in closer, your lips gently meeting his. No words were needed; the kiss was a testament of your gratitude for his understanding.

"Just never forget that I'm here for you, always," y/bf whispered, his voice filled with the promise of unwavering support, a source of comfort that you cherished deeply.

Sorrry idk how to end that

Gah sorry that was bad! Leave me some requests!