㊳. Heat (Y/bfs POV)

Type: Angst Then Fluff

Prompt: Y/n and y/bf get in a little argument, leaving y/n sleeping as far away from y/bf as she can, resulting in y/bf turning down the heat so y/n will cuddle with him

Word Count: 502

This is in y/bfs POV :) Hope this little drabble is ok!! Send any requests if you'd like! :D

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The silent treatment, the most dreaded form of communication breakdown, was something I was experiencing from y/n, and it was driving me mad. We'd had a small argument earlier that day, and now, she was determined to give me the cold shoulder for the rest of the evening.

"Y/n, please talk to me," I pleaded, gently resting my hand on her waist.

As expected, she remained silent, coldly walking away into our room. I sighed and decided to get ready for bed, eventually finding my way to our bedroom door. To my surprise, the door was unlocked, and y/n was curled up on her side of the bed.

"Y/n, can I, um, sleep in here?" I whispered, sticking my head slightly through the door. She lifted her head just enough to give a noncommittal shrug and then laid it back down.

Cautiously, I crawled into the bed beside her. She moved even farther away, and I couldn't help but frown. Hoping to bridge the gap between us, I tried to pull her into my chest, but her hand firmly pushed mine away. In the darkness of the room, a new plan formed in my mind, one that I hoped would break y/n's silence.
Tiptoeing down the hall, I reached the thermostat, turning off the heat and switching on the air conditioning. Returning to bed, I could already feel the room becoming cooler. Just as I had anticipated, y/n began to feel the chill, pulling the blanket up to her chin. She inched closer to me in the bed, and our bodies lightly touched.

"Are you cold?" I asked, attempting to break the ice.

Without a word, y/n nodded and snuggled closer into my side.

"I'd cuddle you, but I don't want to make you angrier," I quipped, playfully moving away from her.

"Alright, I'll talk to you again," she chuckled, rolling her eyes.

Smiling, I opened my arms, and y/n scooted into my embrace, resting her head on my chest. As we lay together in the dark, the room began to grow unbearably cold, and we found ourselves shivering. Huddled together under a mountain of blankets, y/n's voice broke the silence.

"Why did it suddenly get so cold in here?" she asked, teeth chattering.

"I may have turned the heat off to get you to cuddle with me," I confessed.

"Did you really?" she inquired, her smile returning.

I nodded, and her smile broadened. Without further words, we drifted off to sleep, our differences seemingly resolved by my clever tactic.

Maybe I'd have to try this more often!