㊽. Couch Texting

Type: Fluff, maybe a tad angst?

Prompt: While in a small argument y/n and y/bf sit on opposite sides of the couch, not wanting to miss their show.. while watching y/n gets a text from y/bf.. who's sitting right beside her

Word Count: 432

It's a bit short!!

Let me know what you think of the story and my writing!! Be honest;)

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

A palpable silence had enveloped your living room for the past 30 minutes, a result of a senseless argument between you and y/bf earlier. Today was supposed to be a relaxing evening, as your favorite TV show was set to air. Despite your reluctance, you both sat down to watch it, side by side, careful to avoid any communication or physical contact. The show played on the TV, but the tension in the room was thick.
Then, as the drama on the screen unfolded, your phone suddenly vibrated, briefly capturing your attention. It displayed a text from y/bf. A small, involuntary chuckle escaped your lips as you read it.

"You look really cute sitting over there."

Glancing up, you caught y/bf stealing a shy glance at you, his eyes quickly darting away when you turned to face him.

"Thanks," you replied via text.

In mere moments, his response came, "You're welcome."

A smile played on your lips, and you pocketed your phone, returning your focus to the TV. That focus, however, was disrupted by the buzzing of your phone once more.

"I wish you'd come sit by me :( What are we even fighting about?"

Admitting it to yourself, you realized you felt the same way, and, truth be told, you couldn't quite remember the cause of your argument.

"I think you should come sit by me. And I can't remember, was it over you leaving the toilet seat up again?" you texted back, causing a genuine laugh to escape y/bf's lips.

Instead of texting back this time, y/bf stood up and walked over to you, settling down right by your side.

"Can we please stop arguing? I miss you," he sighed, his head gently resting on your shoulder.

"I hate it too," you admitted, your fingers softly running through y/bf's hair, a comforting gesture.

"Does that mean we aren't arguing anymore?" he asked, his voice now cheerful.

"I guess it does."

"Good. I hate when we fight," he confessed, his arm finding its way around your shoulders.

"Me too. Let's promise to never fight over something stupid again," you suggested, leaning into his extended arm.

"Promise."

Hope that was alright!!!