①⓪⑨. Christmas Lights

Type: Fluff

Prompt: You and y/bf go looking for some cool Christmas lights

Word Count: 447

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Under the twinkling Christmas lights, You and y/bf strolled hand in hand, the crisp winter air filled with the festive hum of holiday cheer. The soft glow of decorations and Christmas lights cast a warm ambiance, setting the scene for a magical evening.

"Look at that one," y/bf pointed at a particularly dazzling display of candy cane colored lights, his eyes reflecting the joy of the season.

"Wow! Now that's a good one." You remark, taking our your phone to capture a quick picture. Y/bf let out a soft chuckle as you did so.

Walking down the snow covered sidewalks, y/bf stole glances at you, both of your hearts fluttering when your eyes caught his.

"What're you looking at?" You playfully ask, catching his eye yet again.

"Oh nothing, you just look beautiful." He compliments, gently twirling your around before wrapping his arm around your waist.

As you continued your light seeing adventure, pointing at all the gorgeous decorations you couldn't help but feel a cold chill run through your body, leaving your skin ridden with goosebumps, even though you were covered head to toe in winter attire. You shrugged off the chill, not wanting to spoil the romantic atmosphere. You were having such a great time.

However, y/bf couldn't ignore the subtle shiver that passed through you.

"Are you getting cold?"

"No, I'm fine." You lie, faking a quick smile.

Y/bf, however, was not convinced.

"Come on, let's head home. I've got a better idea."

"You do? What is it?"

"It's a surprise." With a gentle squeeze of your hand, he led you back towards the warmth of your cozy haven.

Upon arriving home, y/bf wasted no time in starting a crackling fire in the fireplace. Ushering you to get cozy on the couch.

"Wait here, I'll be right back."

He quickly ran to fetch a plush blanket before sitting down, draping it over the two of you, creating a cocoon of warmth. Nestled together on the couch, the dancing flames reflected in both your eyes as y/bf held you close, your head resting against his arm as his arms encircled your waist.

"Much better, isn't it?" He murmured, his voice a soothing melody in the quiet room.

You nodded, savoring the intimate moment. The crackling fire and the gentle exchange of glances spoke volumes. Under the soft glow of the Christmas lights and the warmth of the fire, you and y/bf found solace in each other's arms, cherishing the simple yet profound joy of togetherness during the holiday season.