⑧③. Pumpkin Carving

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n and y/bf carve the pumpkin they picked in the last imagine (read it you'll like ittt)

Word Count: 706

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"I kind of don't want to carve Winston," you admitted, resting your head on the pumpkin currently sitting on your table.

"We're not carving him; we're just giving him a makeover!"

"True. After all, he is just a pumpkin," you giggled, pulling out the carving tools you had purchased.

"Excuse me?! Just a pumpkin? Wow, y/n, that's our son," your boyfriend scoffed, playfully covering Winston's 'ears.'

"I'm sorry, Winston; I didn't mean it," you apologized, rolling your eyes playfully.

"I forgive you, Mom," your boyfriend said, pretending to be Winston.

"Now that you two have made up, what do you say we get to carving?"

You nodded, pulling out your carving knife. On the way back from the pumpkin patch, you and your boyfriend had decided to carve a pumpkin on a pumpkin, embracing your mainstream couple vibes.

"Ok, here we go," you said, taking the first stab into the vegetable, slowly cutting in a circle around the stem.

"Ahhhh! Why, Mother?! Why have you betrayed me?!" your boyfriend, or 'Winston,' exclaimed in a blood-curling shriek.

"Y/bf! Why would you do that?!" you gasped, your hand resting on your now racing heart.

"It wasn't me; it was Winston."

You gave him a disapproving look, shaking your head before continuing to cut as your boyfriend traced a pattern onto the front of 'Winston.'

"Alright, it's time to start carving," you said, your fingers drumming together eagerly.

"Easy there," your boyfriend chuckled.

"Says the one who literally screamed bloody murder five minutes ago," you scoffed, rolling your eyes.

"That was Winston, babe, remember?"

"Oh yeah, my bad," you laughed, playing along with his playful joke.

Together, you and your boyfriend gutted out the pumpkin, piling the seeds and 'guts' onto a baking sheet (just like your family bakes pumpkin seeds).
Being the playful guy he is, your boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to shove pumpkin guts down your shirt, resulting in you screeching.

"Y/bf! What the heck!" you screamed, instinctively pulling off your shirt.

"Woah, woah there," your boyfriend smirked, looking you up and down.

"No, no, no. This isn't a show," you grumbled, shaking your shirt clean of debris.

"Well, who says it can't be?" he smirked once more, resting a hand on your waist.

"Winston. Oh, and because you're a bad boyfriend and put guts down my shirt," you bluntly stated, putting your shirt back on.

"Hmph," your boyfriend pouted, going back to his chair.

"Come on, let's just carve the dang pumpkin," you sighed.

"Fine, only because I love you," he agreed, continuing to trace the design.

After some tedious gutting, the fun part was about to begin—the carving!

"Okay, so the solid lines are what we cut, and then the dotted lines we leave," your boyfriend explained, taking a step back to examine his work.

You had to admit he did a great job; the drawing looked like a 3D pumpkin.

"Y/bf, that looks great," you complimented.

"I mean, I only give my girl the best," he grinned, kissing the side of your head.

Together, you both began to trace and carve out the pieces. Bit by bit, the design came to life, looking surprisingly realistic.

"Wow, would you look at that," your boyfriend contently sighed, his arms resting on his hips as he took a step back to get a better look.

"It's perfect!" you squealed, happily clutching onto your boyfriend's arm.

"Now, I think it's time we let the world see our son. What do you think?"

"Oh, absolutely!"

Your boyfriend rummaged through a drawer until he pulled out a small circular candle, which he placed inside the pumpkin. He held an open hand out towards you, signaling for you to hand him the lighter. You complied, excitedly passing him the tool and watching 'Winston' light up.

"He's beautiful."

"Just like you," your boyfriend commented, snaking an arm around your waist.

You turned around to kiss his cheek. Together, you and your boyfriend took your pumpkin and set it on the porch.

Idk how to end this ahhhh