⑦⑤. Awkwardly Adorable

Sorry if it's kinda weird??

——-

Type: Fluff

Prompt: While on a date with y/bf, y/n soon discovers Mother Nature dropped in early. As y/bf was the youngest of an all-boy family he was a little confused at first, but very helpful none the less

Word Count: 1109

✦•·························•✦•···························•

"Hello, beautiful," Y/bf grinned as he stepped inside after you opened the front door.

"Hi, handsome," you chuckled, embracing each other in your usual way and sharing a small kiss.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Almost! I just need to put on my shoes," you explained, pointing to the heels you planned on wearing by the door.

You didn't want to tell him the reason you hadn't put your shoes on earlier was that you had been feeling ill for most of the day, causing you to get dressed more slowly than usual.

He let out a soft laugh. "Here, let me help you."

Bending down on one knee, he grabbed your shoes and brought them to your feet. Laughing, you accepted his kind gesture and lifted your foot to allow him to slide the shoe on.

"Thank you. You're such a gentleman," you said, kissing his cheek as he stood back up.

"Just making sure I'm taking good care of my girl," he replied, opening the front door for you.

As you walked out to his car, he once again opened the door for you, a customary gesture of his chivalry. You and Y/bf always made sure to plan a special and fancy date at least once a month, ensuring you had a guaranteed night to spend together.

After parking at the restaurant, you stepped out of the car, grabbing Y/bf's extended hand as he stood by the open door.

"I'm so excited. Thank you for taking me here," you grinned as you walked hand in hand.

"No problem. I only want the best for you," he said, his cheeks turning slightly pink after his statement.

Smiling, you leaned your head on his shoulder as you walked the final few feet to the front door. Y/bf quickly stepped in front of you to open it, as he always did. With your hands intertwined, he led you to your reserved table, one he had specifically requested on the outside deck, knowing it was your favorite place to sit.

"Oh, Y/bf, you're too much," you cooed, taking in the beautiful candlelit table that overlooked the stunning scenery.

He blushed and shyly smiled, pulling out a chair and motioning for you to sit down.

After ordering your food, you both talked happily amongst yourselves until an uncomfortable realization hit you. The feeling every girl dreaded washed over you – the start of your period.
Embarrassed, you excused yourself to the bathroom, trying not to panic. Once inside, you couldn't hold back the tears as you hid in the stall. You hadn't expected this to happen and hadn't brought any products with you. Furthermore, the bathroom lacked the usual female product dispenser.
You didn't want to tell Y/bf what was going on. First, you didn't want to leave dinner early since he had planned it meticulously. Second, he came from an all-boy family, and you worried he might not understand or feel uncomfortable.
You had been in the bathroom for around 15 minutes when Y/bf texted you.

"Hey babe, are you ok?"

After a mental debate, you decided to tell him what was happening.

"This is really embarrassing, but I just started my period and I don't have anything with me. I'm sorry this is so awkward; I can call a friend to come get me if you'd like."

After hitting send, it felt as if you couldn't breathe, your eyes watering even more. Three agonizing minutes passed before you heard knocking on the bathroom door, along with a familiar voice calling your name.

"Y/n. Are you in there?" Y/bf called, lightly knocking again.

Taking a deep breath, you walked over and unlocked the door, opening it just enough to see his face. Unexpectedly, he pushed open the door, immediately pulling you into a shy but loving hug. As he did so, you couldn't help but cry, not sad tears but happy ones, knowing he wasn't upset or too embarrassed.
After embracing for at least 10 seconds, you cleared your throat, attempting to pull yourself together.

"I'm so sorry about this whole thing," you sighed, your face feeling like it was burning.

"Y/n, don't be embarrassed... It's uh... it's natural. You can't control it," he reassured, stumbling over his words at first.

You replied with a small smile, standing on your tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Let's get you home," Y/bf smiled back, holding his hand out for you to grab.

After a long, uncomfortable drive, mainly due to the blood running down your leg, you finally pulled into your driveway. The second the car came to a halt, you rushed into the house and up to your room. After getting yourself cleaned up you began to scroll on your phone... longer than you had thought.

"Hey, uh, y/n, are you okay?" Y/bf called, startling you.

You had completely forgotten he was there! Somewhat flustered, you trotted down the stairs and came to a quick halt once you saw what Y/bf had done.
On the couch was a pile of blankets, arranged in a way that looked like a cozy nest. Beside the blanket mountain was a spread of your favorite junk foods, including popcorn, Oreos, soda, and so much more.

"Y/bf, what's all this?"

"I uh... thought it'd be nice to create a cozy spot for you to watch a movie and enjoy some snacks... Unless of course, you don't want to! I don't really know what to do, honestly," he blurted out in one long sentence.

"No, no, you're doing great! This is exactly what I want," you expressed, your hormones beginning to take over, a lump growing in your throat as you held back tears.

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to cry. I, uh, I can go if you want."

"It's just hormones. I promise this is amazing; these are happy tears," you wept, holding your arms out for him like a child.

Affectionately, he accepted, wrapping his arms around your shoulders as his head rested on top of yours. Though he was a bit clueless, he still managed to give you everything you needed – true love.

Sorry, this Lowkey sucks I didn't know how to make the story better because as I said it's based on a real story...