⑦⑧. When Did You Fall Out Of Love

Type: Mega Sad Ladies & Germs :(

Prompt: Breakup NO Makeup

Word Count: 431

—-

If you're going through a break up just know it's ok, you'll survive, it's only a fragment of your life. You're priceless and there are multiple guys would beg for your love.

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Tears stained your cheeks, finding their way to your pillow as you lay face down in your bed. After careful consideration, you and Y/bf had decided to call it quits, ending your two-year relationship.
It had been over two weeks since you left the house, or more accurately, your room. You had access to the bathroom, and your family members kindly delivered three meals a day, of which you only managed to eat half. Friends called and visited, but every time, you pushed them away, craving solitude.

Ever since Y/bf had left, life lost its luster. Jokes weren't as funny, nights felt lonely, the sky appeared gray, and your heart felt empty.
On this restless night, no matter how many sheep you counted or what position you lay in, sleep eluded you. Out of habit, you reached for your phone and began aimlessly scrolling through your photos. That was a mistake. Nine out of ten pictures featured Y/bf.

Your heart climbed to your throat before dropping into your stomach, shattering into a million pieces. The way his cheeks dimpled when he smiled, the sparkle in his eyes, especially when they were on you...
When had he fallen out of love? Had he ever truly been in love with you? These questions swirled in your mind, giving rise to even more uncertainty.
Though it was late, you needed clarity. You had to text Y/bf.

"Sorry it's late, but I gotta ask, when did you fall out of love? Were you ever even in love?"

You waited anxiously, and your phone's clock read 2:34.

"I'm an idiot," you audibly grumbled, burying your face in a pillow to muffle the embarrassment, anger, and sadness.

After what felt like half an hour, your phone lit up the dark room, briefly distracting you from your self-loathing.

"Y/n, I never fell out of love. I fell so hard that I couldn't get out. I will always love you and have a soft spot for you in my heart, but sometimes, just because you're in love, doesn't mean it's meant to be together..."

You didn't know whether to feel happy or to cry. Either way, he was right. Sometimes, love isn't enough to keep two people together. But they will always remain in your heart, forever.