⑤⑦. Glances (Crush)

Hope you all like it!! Leave me some requests, I feel like I keep writing and rewriting the same things when left to my own devices :/ ❤️

Type: Fluff

Prompt: ^^^

Word Count: 552

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

For the fourth time, you looked up from your paper to find y/c glancing over at you, holding eye contact longer than usual as he smiled.
It felt surreal, as if he was trying to get your attention. Could it really be happening? Was he looking at you instead of the girl in front of you?
Your crush on y/c had persisted all year, ever since the very first day of school. From that moment, you fell head over heels for him. Not only was he good-looking, but he was also kind, smart, and incredibly funny.

"Y/n, do you have the answer for question #7?" the teacher calmly asked, snapping your attention back to reality.

"Oh, uh, yeah," you replied, making your way to the whiteboard to solve the problem she had requested.

As you walked up, you couldn't help but notice y/c's friends nudging him, apparently teasing him as you stood at the front of the class.
Completing the problem and returning to your seat, you caught y/c smiling and giving you a thumbs-up. Your heart raced, feeling like it might leap from your chest. Somehow, you managed to survive the rest of the class, eagerly sharing the story with your friends during lunch.

"No, I'm not kidding! He waved too," you excitedly recounted, causing your friends to squeal and jump around you.

"He definitely likes you!" one of your friends exclaimed.

"Clearly," added the other, playfully nudging your shoulder.

"I don't know... He hasn't actually said anything," you sighed, leaning against a nearby locker.

"Well, he's definitely dropping hints," they insisted.

You shrugged and retrieved your lunch from your backpack. A sudden tap on your shoulder grabbed your attention, leaving you slightly annoyed.

"Look!" your friends whispered, not so discreetly.

Following their pointing fingers, you saw y/c and his group of friends heading in your direction, with y/c clearly the center of attention among the guys. Time seemed to slow as he finally reached you, his sheepish smile and nervous rubbing of the back of his neck adding to his charm.

"Hey, y/n. I was... I, uh... Could I get your number?" .

Taken aback for a moment, you eventually replied, "Oh, uh, yeah, for sure!"

He breathed a sigh of relief, handing you his phone so you could input your number. After thanking you, he walked away, leaving your friends in a state of euphoria as they yelled and squealed.
Once they finished bombarding you with questions and excitement, your phone buzzed in your hands.

"I didn't want to ask and embarrass you in front of everyone, but... Would you want to go out sometime, maybe to the new movie this weekend? (ENDGAME COUGH)"

"I'd absolutely love to!! And don't worry, you could never embarrass me :)" you replied with a warm smile.

Grinning from ear to ear, you kept the phone screen to your eyes only, feeling happiness fill every atom of your being. As planned, you went to the movies on Friday, and your simple crushes on each other blossomed into something more...

Hope that was ok!! ❤️