⑤②. Baby Fever

Requested by bruhitzscar_ :)

Also according to someone my stories are 'cliché and sexist'.. please let me know if you all feel this way. I know they just commented it on my first book but I want to make sure no one else feels this way because if so I need to change, immediately.

Type: Fluff

Prompt: When y/n sees all her friends and her little sister having babies she can't help but get an extreme case of baby fever.

Word Count: 750

Y/S: Your sister

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Today marked your weekly date with y/bf, and you both had decided to enjoy a leisurely trip to the mall. Hand in hand, you strolled through the bustling halls of the vast shopping center. Amid the pleasant chaos of window shopping, your phone suddenly rang, bearing your sister's name.

"Y/n, I've got big news!" Y/s exclaimed into the phone, not leaving any room for a proper greeting.

"Is everything okay? Are you all right?" You responded anxiously, concerned that something might be wrong.

"Sit down, y/n, you won't believe it!"

Smiling at your sister's enthusiasm, you complied and encouraged her to continue.

"Y/n, I'm pregnant!" She joyfully announced, and your jaw nearly hit the floor.

"Y/s, you're not kidding, are you?! I'm so incredibly happy for you! When did you find out?"

"Just an hour ago!! You're the first person I've shared the news with, apart from my boyfriend/husband."

"Y/s, I'm so honored!! I'm ecstatic for the two of you!" you beamed, your excitement and joy evident in your voice.

After a few more minutes of exchanging words with your sister, you both bid farewell and hung up. However, the joy on your face swiftly waned. It felt as if all your friends were either expecting or already raising children, while you and y/bf had yet to have a serious conversation about starting a family. From what you could gather, it seemed like he might not be ready or even interested in having kids.

Y/bf's voice broke through your contemplation, "Was that y/s?"

"Yeah. She's expecting."

"Aww, that's wonderful!! Please give her my congratulations."

You nodded but continued to lose yourself in thought as you meandered through the mall. The sight of babies all around you only intensified your growing desire for one of your own. When you reached the restaurant where you planned to eat, another baby's presence only heightened your baby fever.

"Y/n, are you feeling alright?" Y/bf inquired with a concerned expression.

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"Well, you haven't touched your food," y/bf pointed out, gesturing toward your mostly untouched plate.

"Oh, I'm just not very hungry," you lied.

"Y/n, that's your favorite dish; what's going on?"

"Promise you won't get upset?" you hesitated, toying with your food.

"Of course, I promise."

"I've got a case of baby fever... I know we haven't talked about it much, and I'm aware you might not want kids or at least not right now, but I can't help wanting one," you admitted somewhat bashfully, y/bf's concerned look slowly transforming into a warm smile.

He remained silent for a moment, his gaze unwavering as he smiled. After what felt like an eternity, he finally spoke up.

"Y/n, don't worry, it's okay. I feel the same way. I know you might think I'm not interested in having kids, but I've given it some thought, and I do... I want them with you and no one else but you," he cooed, gently resting his hand on your cheek.

Overwhelmed with joy, tears of happiness welled up in your eyes. You smiled as you leaned into his hand, which still graced your cheek.

"Oh, y/n, don't cry; you'll make me cry too," he said, his own eyes glistening with emotion.

Standing up, he pulled you into a tight embrace, sealing the moment with a lingering kiss on your lips.

"I'm looking forward to our future together," he whispered, still holding you close in his arms.

"Me too; there's no one else I'd rather share it with," you said, pecking his cheek.

"In that case, shall we start planning for our little ones?" He quipped, earning a playful slap from you.

This was the beginning of a lifelong adventure, and you couldn't wait to embark on it together.

Hope that was ok.. please do let me know if my writings are too clichè and sexist.. thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️